Chapter 1- Two sets of twins and longboarding

Start from the beginning

"Vine," he responded almost immediately, picking up a piece of wood and a nail.

"Whats vine?" I asked stupidly.

He dropped the piece of wood and looked at me with wide eyes. I thought I did something wrong, like vine was a big deal or something.

"Only the best app ever created. It's where you make six second videos and people can watch them and like them."

It sounded like a fun app, so I took out my phone and downloaded it. Once it was loaded I made an account and Grayson told me a few popular viners to look at like Nash Grier, Curtis Lepore, Marcus Johns (my favorite so far), Cody Johns, and King Bach. I followed them all.

"I like Marcus Johns," I stated, and Grayson agreed.

"So, Haley, tell me about yourself."

I tucked a piece of long brown hair behind my ear. "What do you want to know?"

"What's your favorite color? Do you like cupcakes? How you would make an impact on the world," he said, "stuff like that."

"Well, my favorite color is green," I said, "I love cupcakes but only chocolate with vanilla icing and if I had the chance to make an impact of the world, I guess I would just try to make people happy or entertain them." (A/N: Everything I said here was true about me.)

"I like you," he said, "We seem pretty alike. My favorite color is green, too. Anyway, tell me more about yourself."

"Well, I'm 15 years old," I thought for a moment trying to think of useless facts that wouldnt give anything real about me away, "I really like chocolate milkshakes, like more than anything in the world. I'm a bit sarcastic so watch out, I like to play basketball but I hate to watch it, my best friend is my sister and I like to wear vans and crop tops. ."

"I can tell," he said, gesturing to my outfit.

I was wearing a forest green long sleeved crop top with light wash, high waisted skinny jeans and vans. He laughed lightly and continued to help me put my bed together.

We talked and I learned that he loves serengeetee shirts, he wrestles and plays football (not to mention lacrosse), his best friend is his brother, he has an older sister named Cameron and he has a bird.

"Grayson, Ethan your mom called and said she and your dad are going on a business trip for a few days. Do you mind staying here until they get back?" My mom yelled up, "They don't want you home alone since your sister is on a school trip."

Grayson went to the top of the stairs for a few minutes to work things out with my mom. She said that they could stay in Kate's room and she could stay in mine with me for the time being since there's only three bedrooms in the house.

"So I guess I'm staying here for a bit," Grayson said, "How happy are you?"

I pressed my index finger and my thumb so they were almost touching and said, "This happy."

He lightly nudged me and sat back down, putting the last piece of wood together. Then we put the mattress in and I flopped on it. He jumped on after me, landing right on top of me with an ooff.

My tv just needed to be plugged in, so we did that and set it on my table near my bed. We decided to check up on Kat and Ethan, who were busy putting together Kats bed.

"Hey guys," Ethan said, "We're almost done and then we were planning on long boarding. Wanna come?"

"Sure, just let me get a jacket."

I went into my room and dug through my boxes until I found a plain black hockey sweatshirt and pulled it on. Grayson and Ethan were already wearing sweatshirts, but Kat wasn't so I grabbed her my old pink BOSTON sweatshirt.

"Ok, last piece," Kat announced proudly, giving it to Ethan and letting him put it together.

"Ready to go long boarding now?" Grayson asked, his eyes lighting up.

Kat nodded and we all ran downstairs, telling my mom we were leaving. Grayson and Ethan went and got their boards, while Kat and I looked through some boxes until we found ours.

I hopped on mine and Grayson and Ethan led us down the street to where they usually skate.

"Lets see who can do the coolest trick," Grayson said, "Me first."

He flipped his board and landed, but fell off when he tried to do a fancy foot move, receiving a face full of dirt. We all tried to one-up each other in tricks, each one of us falling when we tried to do something too dangerous. I ended up with quite a few painful scratches, as did the rest of them.

Someone walked by and when they saw Grayson and Ethan, started whispering and giggling. They smiled and waved politely at them, and the girls went over to them.

"You-You-you guys are...Grayson and...and Ethan Dolan," one of them squealed, about to start crying.

I looked over at Kat but she looked just as confused as I felt. The girls started asking a bunch of questions and took selfies with them, and I got more and more curious.

"Hey, would you mind taking a picture of us four?" Grayson asked one of the girls.

They nodded frantically and took his phone from him. Grayson waved us over and we both hesitantly made our way over.

"Oh my god," the girl said, "Okay, Okay."

We all posed for a serious picture where none of us smiled, a silly picture, a picture where we all posed, and one where we all smiled and then the girl handed back to phone. They gave them another hug and then departed. I heard there giggling until they were out of sight and then let out a long breath, running my hand through my hair.

"They seemed nice," Kate said, "I thought they were gonna give us death glares for hanging with you but they didn't. Anyway, not to be rude of anything but... Why did they freak out when they saw you?"

Now it was their turn to look confused.

"Well, we are kinda popular on vine.. So I guess thats why," Ethan said, scratching his neck like it was awkward to talk about.

"Oh!" And thats when it clicked, "I've seen a few of your vines. I knew your faces looked familiar! You guys are really funny."

Their faces lit up.

"Really? Thanks."

We started walking back since it was starting to get dark, and I felt like I was in some cheesy movie where a group of friends or couples walk into the sunset at the ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too. -idk who said this but I didnt make it up i forget who said it lol sorry