Chapter 21

Once again on the road, Mikky and Akeno travelled the rest of the way in silence. Neither wanted to speak to each other for fear of prying more into each other's minds. Truthfully, Akeno wished she could take all of Mikky's pain away, but she couldn't do so without once again possessing her companion. She was also sure that the woman had no interest in this partnership. She was grateful for the blessing she recieved, but cared little for being Akeno's puppet.

They rode for a little over a week, but made very good time. All the while careful not to push each other too far and just enjoy the companionship of another person. They talked long into the nights about their current adventure and their new friends. They learned a bit about each other along the way. Mikky realized that Akeno did not like to be pampered or treated as someone better. She prefered to catch her own food, and was more than happy to bring back enough for the two of them. She also learned that Akeno cared for her fur. She was always fussing over the little things that got caught in it or the little knots that got stuck there.

Akeno learned that Mikky was very good with her hands. Able to cut and skin animals without even looking at where her knife was. She was also able to fix clothing and tools effortlessly. It was to be expected with someone like her, but it was interesting to watch none the less. She was also very kind hearted. She wouldn't hunt animals that were with child or kill their young for food. She would rather return to camp hungry then do so. Akeno thought it was rather odd to see someone who steals from people have so much compassion for furry creatures. Akeno assumed it was because she saw herself as more of an animal than a human, and wondered if that was why.

The road began to get bumpy and uneven as the tree line began to fade away. There was a short field filled with crops before the edge of the village came into view. The village itself was built onto rolling hills while some of the buildings were built in or arround the mountain side. There were a few houses in the process of being built, but not enough to make the town seem overcrowded.

As they made their way deeper in, they found that it was mostly brown and red dragons that lived there. A few of the dragons were rather large and beefy sized dragons with oversized paws and natural armor plating on their backs and arms. They looked like dragons mixed with armadillos. Their hands were webbed with almost flat talons, and their heads were build like shovels and pickaxes. Their horns curved forwards and extended well past their noses to further this idea. A few of them had broken horns, like they had been used so much they gave out.

The red dragons were average sizes, and a few of them had blacksmith aprons over their chest scales. One of the dragons looked like his horns and claws were made of molten magma that had somehow hardened into those claws. They pounded a hammer into a molten hot sword before blowing heavy flame over the blade causing it to glow brighter before returning to hammering it.

A young human jogged around him, pulling a few swords out of a barrel of water before running back into the main building. A werewolf was speaking to the blacksmith before they turned, and began dragging a rather large and heavy looking cart filled with ores down the road.

Mikky couldn't help but stare at every person she saw, shocked and amazed that everyone could be getting along so well when everyone was clearly of such different races and back grounds.

Akeno pointed towards a road that began to lead up the mountainside. "That way to the temple."

"Krate's primary export is metal, right?" Mikky asked as she steered Star in the direction Akeno pointed to.

"Indeed. It's a mining town. Their mines are extensive, and it often takes one a day or so to reach the bottom." Akeno explained. "They've been mining this mountain for so long I'm surprised it hasn't run dry."

The Fox and The Cat (Lesbian Story, Rewritten)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara