The entire house is just full of bad energy. Everywhere I turn there's a make-out session, or a game of spin the bottle. If it isn't any of that then it's a guy hitting on a girl who clearly isn't interested or people rubbing all over each other to the rhythm of the music.

I need air.

This party was a dumb idea for me to go too. If it wasn't for Josephine having to drive Ethan and Mason home then I'd ask her if we could leave right now.

Looks like I'll just have to wait until Ethan and Mason are tired of partying; that could take hours.

I go to the backyard and find a big inground pool. There's pretty plants lined up around the back patio and pool chairs lined up around the pool.

As I look at the chairs something catches my attention, or rather, someone.

It's a guy with slick back hair holding his head in his hands.

If he's sad I want to try and help. Nobody deserves to be sad, especially not at a party.

I walk closer and sit in the chair in front of him. He doesn't raise his head so I assume he didn't hear me walk up. It's understandable since the music can be heard from down the street.

"Hey," I ask softly and he raises his head up to face me.

His eyes are red and teary as they scan my face, probably confused on why a stranger stopped to talk to him.

"Are you okay?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"My girlfriend dumped me."

He sobs a little bit more and I suddenly feel very awkward not knowing how to comfort him.

"Why'd you come over here to talk to me?" he inquires, voice shaky through the tears that are beginning to fade.

This is the perfect example of what being nice to someone can accomplish. I've only been over here for two minutes and he's already becoming less sad. His sobs are already starting to fade.

I shrug, "You seemed sad and I wanted to see if there's anything I can do to help."

He smiles at me and straightens up.

Three minutes and he's already smiling. Giving someone a few minutes of your day can really make an impact on them.

He eyes me up and down before smirking, "Hell yeah there's something you can do for me."

He begins to lean in and stops inches away from my face, "Want to go upstairs and you can help me forget?"

My hand automatically reaches up and slaps him in the face. I jump up from the seat as he sits there holding his face in pain.

"What the hell!" he shouts at me and I cross my arms.

"Why is everyone so disgusting?" I whine, "Can't people just get together and have fun. Does everything always have to be about sex! We could've became friends dude. We could've sat and talked, you could tell me what's on your mind and I could try to help you feel better but no you had to think with your downstairs brain and screw it all up. Why can't people just be civilized?"

He gives me a bewildered look before rising to his feet, "Um, sorry."

The boy walks backwards away from me, as if he's scared to turn his back because I might attack. Once he's a few feet away he turns around and rushes back inside.

"Seems like you're really enjoying yourself." I hear Trace chuckle from behind me and I turn to face him.

"Don't even start with me." I say firmly and he holds his hands up in defense.