Chapter 33

Chapter Thirty Three

My eyes open and I take in the room around me. The dark purple curtains are pulled back, allowing beautiful sun rays to shine throughout the room. The door is open, like it was when we fell asleep. Through the open door I can see into Lailas room. Her bed is empty which means she's most likely downstairs eating breakfast.

"Morning," a deep voice says softly beside me and I roll over to face him.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask him and he smirks but gives a small shrug. He's been awake for a while, probably at least half an hour. He just doesn't want to admit he's been laying here the entire time because he doesn't know what else to do.

The sun shines across his beautiful face and I'm suddenly aware of just how gorgeous he really is. He's hot and I've known that from the moment I saw him but now I see the true beauty in him. His face is flawless: perfect skin and a sharp jawline. Eyebrows that arch perfectly and fall back to tip the end of his eye. A nose that's rounded smoothly in the center of his face and to top it all off, his smile. His beautiful, breathtaking smile.

"What?" he asks with a lazy smile. He probably thinks I'm crazy for analyzing his face but I don't care.

I bring my eyes to meet his gray ones, filled with amusement and happiness. It's like looking into a ball of light. His eyes are so happy and are bright enough to light a room.

"Thank you for everything," I tell him with a smile and he raises his eyebrows.

"Stop thanking me so much," he laughs and shifts a hand under his head.

"I'm serious Trace, thank you." I take a deep breath, "Thank you for being there and for noticing me that day in the parking lot. Who knows what would've happened if you didn't show up. Thank you for putting your life on pause to help me go to the other side of the country and see my dad. Thank you for always having a plan on how to help me like when your truck broke down and while I was having a panic attack you calmed me down and then located the nearest gas station. You're an amazing person and I don't think you know how much this all means to me, everything you've done."

My eyes direct towards his smile. The gorgeous smile I don't get to see nearly enough.

He opens his mouth to speak but we're interrupted by a girl clearing her throat.

Laila.

I roll my eyes, earning a chuckle from Trace before turning my head towards the door and seeing her leaning against the door frame, watching us. Her eyes rake over the two of us under the blanket and she cocks her head to the side.

"Can I help you?" I spit and she shakes her head casually before turning around and walking back downstairs.

She makes me angry.

Trace rubs his hands over his face.

"You ready to get up?"

He shakes his head no behind his hands, "Let's stay here forever."

I stand up and pull the blanket off of him, laughing at his groans. He frown at me before standing up himself and making his way to me.

"That was mean." I begin backing up, laughing at the little game he's decided to play but he keeps a frown.

My back hits the wall and he smiles before swooping me over his shoulder and carrying me like a sack of potatoes. For a moment I think he's about to toss me onto the bed but instead he carries me out of the room.

"Trace!" I laugh and I can feel him chuckling from beneath me.

He makes his way down the stairs and I hit his back, "Put me down!"