Ryuzaki's body was also not too outstanding; it was trim and fit without all the muscles even though she trained. He suspected she spent half of her training time fallen down and getting up again. He would not put it past her.

She was always tripping one thing or another. He noticed that about her, oh, and he noticed that she was always lost.

He noticed that she was not too bright in class as well, though she worked hard and was a good student but that was because of her own efforts and not any natural talent.

He noticed that she would go to the library if there was no club practice that day. She used to spend those afternoons watching the regulars practice… no, she had once confessed shyly that it was him that drew her. Later she thought that since he never seemed to notice her, she would rather spend the time trying to study.

He noticed even if she spent her afternoon in the library, she would come out just as the regulars finished practicing. She would say goodbye to him softly and he would answer, then she would smile softly and leave.

He noticed so many things about her but he rarely talked to her.

888888

He did not think of her regularly but he would just see her when she was around.

That day, she was not only the only one around but she was right in front of him.

They were sitting at the same desk, across from each other, and she was peering at him with a worried expression. He had spaced out again.

Her forehead was gently puckered and without thinking; he said that his mind was still woozy; he lifted his hand and smoothed her frown away. She was supposed to be all soft and smooth; there, that looked better.

She blushed again and he had thought that her face must be hot with all the blood going there.

He had not noticed that he let his hand linger on her cheek until he knew that her face was hot.

He was somewhat surprised and he thought that he must be under a spell. It was strange and peaceful; neither of them spoke.

She tried to but no voice came out.

888888

He had not understood this crush she had on him.

They were not close and yet she would do things for him.

She would support him at games and ask after him. She would make food and ask him if he wanted some; he always said yes because she was a good cook and there was no point in refusing free food.

He noticed that she always looked happier after he ate whatever it was that she made.

He never suspected that she would put weird ingredients in it.

He suspected everyone else's though, after some stories told by his senpai-tachi.

Eiji-senpai said that he had once passed the cooking classroom while there was a class in there and his eyes, those extraordinary eyes, had spied a girl secretly mixed in some of her own hair in the saucepan and had chanted something.