Chapter 29 - Exams

Chapter 29 - Exams

June Wolez

That night, after I got home, I couldn't believe that Troy was my boyfriend. Just a few days ago, it was Methane, and now, it was Troy. I almost felt like a...

I shook my head to not think further. I wouldn't let the judgment of other people dictate to me. I should only do what makes me happy. And Troy made me happy. He always had.

I just hadn't realized. He was the perfect prince charming I wanted. He was kind, caring, and genuine. He wasn't creepy like Methane at all. The best thing was, I had known Troy and his family for five years, and he would never do something like Methane. I could fully trust him.

But I hope I wasn't making the wrong decision. After all, Troy was at the stage of life where he was making big decisions. He told me that the reason he asked me to forget his confession on the night of his birthday was that he was dealing with too much back then and he didn't want to drag me into it. He admitted that he was now in a happy place to start dating, but I wasn't.

I assured him that I was almost over Methane, but he told me that he would give me more time. We would start dating officially after each of our finals were over. Until then, we would act like normal, and I was cool with it.

Now, I couldn't wait for the exams to start and end.

After I finished showering and changed into my nightwear, ready to study, I found a text from Troy.

Troy: Best of luck studying! I'm also going to study now ;(

I chuckled at his text and replied to him.

June: Just a few more days, then guess what? We can have our summer vacation!

Troy: My only motivation ;)

My heart fluttered at the wink emoji.

June: Same

Troy: Anyway, get back to studying. No idle chats before exams -.-

Chuckling, I placed my phone down. If it was Methane in his place right now, he would have kept chatting and kept me occupied with his talks. He would have said that he didn't care about my studies, and I probably would have found that cute. On the other hand, Troy cared about my studies. He wanted me to do well. While asking your girlfriend to get back to studying wasn't as romantic as, 'babe, stay a little while longer,' I really appreciated that about him.

I was about to sit at my study table when my eyes fell on the Polaroid camera gifted by Methane. I stared at it for a moment before grabbing a wrapping paper and making it into a gift. Once it was prepared, I grinned in satisfaction.

This would make for a nice present for whoever's birthday was next. I would feel bad for just throwing it in the trash, so why not just give it to someone?

However, as for the pendant Methane gave me, that goes straight into the trash can.

I felt like a huge burden was off my chest. With a big smile, I started studying.

###

"God, finally, the exams are over! This whole week was torture!" Michael exclaimed, jumping up and down while hugging Joshua's hand as we were all heading out of the campus.

Joshua laughed. "True. I'm just glad that we have this two-month summer break to look forward to, starting this June."

"And June's birthday!" Ella exclaimed.