"Damon? Damon!" Rory shouts. She pulls her phone away to see her screen going dark, signalling the end of the call. "Fuck. Fuck!"

☆*.·*·.*☆。

Rory manages to find the wedding chapel Damon described. It's easy, she just had to keep an eye out for a recently demolished church. She sees a few lights flickering in and out from the inside, and she smells blood. Human and vampire alike. She swallows the lump in her throat, the itch in her gums, as she clambers out of her car.

The wedding chapel looked wrecked. It's like the entire building collapsed completely.

"Elena?" Rory calls out as she walks towards the chapel. No response. "Damon?"

"Ruby!" Kai's voice chirps from behind her. Rory spins around to see the aforementioned witch standing in front of her, bleeding profusely from his neck. Blood stains the front of his tuxedo, but he smiles like it barely affects him. "Oops, sorry. I mean Rory. You got here!"

"Kai, what the hell did you do?" Rory asks.

Kai stalks towards her, slinging an arm over Rory's shoulders. He turns them both around, walking towards the chapel. "See, as soon as I got out of that prison world, I made a promise to myself. I will never again be sorry for my decisions. And guess what? I'm not!" Kai exclaims. "I've made the decision to kill my father, therefore eliminating my entire coven."

"Elena—what did you do with Elena, Kai? And Bonnie?" Rory pushes herself away from him, staring at him with wide eyes.

Kai juts his bottom lip into a pout. "If I tell you, you won't want to be my friend anymore,"

"Enough with the games!" Rory shouts. "What the hell did you do to my sister and my best friend?!"

"Nothing's going to happen to Bonnie by my hands, Rory, don't you worry. But...I wish I could say the same about your twin," Kai sighs, placing his hands against his lower back. "You see, when I made the windows shatter and everything, a chandelier kind of fell on her head."

"But... but she's a vampire—she'll heal—"

"Oh, they didn't tell you?" Kai snickers. "She took the cure. She's human again. Surprise!" Kai lifts his hands, wiggling them with a wide grin. Rory's heart plummets to her stomach as she realises.

Once you take the cure, you can't heal from vampire blood. You can't turn into a vampire again either. Once you get injured, you heal on your own or you die... for good.

"No," Rory whispers. "No, no, no. Where is she? Where is she—"

"Calm down, calm down. Damien brought her to the hospital," Kai smiles sweetly in Rory's direction. "It's just you and me, Roro."

"Where did you put Bonnie?"

"Oh, oh right. I forgot to mention. Sorry, my head's a little weird. Too many things going on up here now that I'm a vampire," Kai gestures to his head. "By the way, did you know that I'm a heretic now? I'm still a witch, but I can literally siphon the magic off my own vampirism to make... more magic. It's kinda great."

"Kai!" Rory interjects in a frustrated manner.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you what happened to Bonnie," Kai sighs, like he's tired. "So, I put a spell on her and Elena. As long as Bonnie's alive, Elena won't wake up. And as soon as Bonnie dies... well, sleeping beauty's free to do whatever she wants."

Rory closes her eyes as a resigned breath leaves her lips. Kai might not have killed Bonnie, but he might've just signed her death sentence. Damon's loyalty to Elena is pathological, he would stop at nothing to bring her back—and that includes ending Bonnie's life.