"Anybody else want wine?" He changed the subject.

Y/n raised her hand and Yoongi quickly went to hand her a glass and fill it for her.

"Ah, there you two are! They were going to send a search team for you and we weren't even drunk yet!" Taehyung laughed.
-

After a while Yoongi had excused himself again and before he knew it, lunch was being served. As they all sat and talked around the table, they came to find out that Y/n was invited to an award ceremony for her cooking.

There was a lot of debate over who should go, but to Yoongi it was obvious.

"I think Jungkook should go," Yoongi stated plainly.

"Now that I think about it, it would look really good that our golden maknae go and represent us at this event. It will make the most impact as well," Namjoon reasoned.

Jimin, Jin, and Taehyung began groaning and protesting in unison as everybody continued eating, but Jiwoo was nodding her head in agreement with Namjoon.

Yoongi felt that way because he loved their maknae and saw him look at Y/n with puppy eyes ever since he got there. He did have a girlfriend though, so Yoongi wasn't exactly sure why he was looking at Y/n with puppy eyes all the time.

-

It had been a few days since everybody in the house found out about IU and Jungkook. Aside from that, everybody had been increasingly noticing how much time Y/n and Jungkook were spending together.

Yoongi snorted at the thought of them sleeping in the same room together that one evening.

However, whenever asked by anybody, both of them would deny anything was going on.

Yoongi decided to just believe them. Jungkook just got cheated on and Y/n was a really kind-hearted person. He had already gotten to know that over the past few days and really was enjoying her presence around the house.

He appreciated how much she seemed to care for Jungkook when none of them could manage to break through his brooding time.

He was mostly fixated on Y/n because it distracted him from the looming answer from his ex. It had been a few days and he hadn't yet heard a response from Manager Meji, and Yoongi was beginning to assume the worst.

I'm such an idiot. Why would she want to work with me? 'Oh hey, do you want to sing on a track with your ex who dumped you when you were both 17 years old?' Of course she's going to say no. I mean.. but nobody knows that we even were together. There'd be no reason for her to say no. Maybe.

Yoongi sighed as he began to overthink everything. He suddenly remembered Taehyung jokingly saying that Jungkook and Y/n went on a date. Again, he denied it and said it wasn't a date.

For people that don't like each other they sure hang out alone a lot.

He opened up his laptop to refresh his inbox again. Nothing. He sighed and decided he was done being pathetic and alone. Y/n was beautiful, kind, single, and apparently not seeing Jungkook, but that was something Yoongi would make sure of for himself before moving forward.

Everybody was outside in the living room, watching Jungkook and Y/n get dressed up in their outfits, so Yoongi decided to wait until they sounded like they were done to walk out of his room.

As he walked out, he heard a quiet ping in his inbox coming from his laptop but chalked it up to his imagination as he shut the door.

He walked to the living room to find that Y/n had already left to her room, so he hurriedly- and quietly- walked over to her door.