He was upside down in my eyes as I ignored his statement again.

He stood there for a few seconds before bouncing on the bed beside me. He too later on his stomach, resting his head on his elbows as he stared at my screen.

"You're that far from the end?" He asked, annoyed.

"You're that annoying." I quipped, giving him the side eye as he smirked.

"Fine. I'm going to go make some cereal, do you want any?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Aaron."

"Violet."

"Leave already." I rolled my eyes, turning back to look at my screen as he hopped out of the bed, tossing a pillow at my face before he left the room. Finally, a moment of peace.

"Violet! Hi sweetheart! I wanted to talk to you." A super bubbly voice said outside Aaron's bedroom door.

"Mrs. Paul. Hi, I didn't know you were here this week." I responded.

"Yes, well, I get a week vacation. Anyway, can I come in dear."

"Sure," I say up, "what's up?"

"It's about Aaron." She said. I assumed it was.

"What's up?"

"I'm really happy that you two are together, but don't you think it's a bit much to be together all the time? I mean, I'm really glad you're the one he's dating because, I don't know if you can tell, but he's so much happier than he was before. But, I don't want you two to grow dependent on each other. My first relationship was like that and we broke up because we weren't separate people. We were always feeling alone together and it had to stop. So I'd suggest you guys work something out to give each other some space so this relationship can last." She smiled at me, having talked to me like a child.

I wasn't sure what to respond to that. I wanted the exact thing she was talking about. Would it be wrong of me to tell her that Aaron and I aren't dating? Would it be wrong if me to tell her that her son is obnoxious at all times and I wish I could get a moment of space.

"Mrs. Paul, I really appreciate the advice. But..." before I could say anything else, Aaron barged into his room, his mouth full of Honey Bunches of Oats as he sat on the couch.

"Hey mom, what're you doing in here?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. His gray eyes sparkled as the sun  reflected into his eyes.

I quite liked Aaron's room. It was huge with beige walls covered in posters. His bed had a ladder attached that led to a bookshelf above it and another couch. His surround sound TV system was placed beside his closet. And his balcony had the most beautiful view. There was no denying that Aaron was really wealthy. His bed was also a thousand percent more comfortable than mine.

"I was talking to Violet about possible boundaries in relationships." His mom responded.

"Like what?" He asked, genuinely curious as he leaned forward.

"Like not being codependent." She responded, looking directly at me as Aaron ate another spoonful of cereal.

"We're not, mom. We just like to spend time together, don't we babe." Aaron winked at me as I looked back at my computer screen.

"Thank you for the advice Mrs. Paul." I said as she looked at Aaron and frowned.

"I just love seeing you two together and I don't want what happened to me to happen to you." She said, her eyes growing teary. I felt uncomfortable. I looked directly at Aaron as he nodded.

"Yeah mom, we won't break up. And if you don't mind, we have a lot of homework to do." Aaron said, standing up to usher his mother out of the room.

As soon as he shut the door, I turned to him with the most I can get a poker-face to look.

"Aaron," I said as he looked at me.

"Yes, Vy."

"I think we should break up."

And we both broke out in laughter.

It was a good day. But I knew, in the back of my mind, I wanted to figure out how to separate us. Our telepathy was now mastered and it was strange. But maybe I could talk to a certain scientist who might be able to help me.

I pulled out my phone, calling my dad.

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

Barnes and Noble: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)

Apple Store: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)