CHAPTER #32

a/n: It day 18 of Enhanced Community Quarantine in our country (Philippines). COVID - 19 is the entire world problem. Please stay at home and stop going on the public places. 

So the H.O.L.T agency (cameo) is one of my upcoming series here in wattpad. I hope you support it too. Thank youuuuuuuuuu. 

Khiegilsan

NATSU's POV

MY EYES remained to what I'm doing – carefully wiping each fingers of her as I heard nothing but the monitor that's connects to her body. It's been three days since that incident happens – the day that her heart almost stop – the day that I thought I will lost her.

"Baby, the police are doing their best to find our little pumpkin" I told her "Kimmy was here too. Our friends went here to visit you and they even brought you some flowers" my voice broke as my tears started to blurry my sight. I can feel my hands trembling as I stare on her fingers "I need you here with me, Lucy"

Ever since then, nothing really change on her status. But it's better now than before that she coded blue twice. I can wait for her as long as she will be back on me, on us. I've been spending hours in this ICU room even though there's a visitation hours. Wendy Marvel, my friends who happened to be owner of this hospital let me to what I want as long as I don't bother other patients.

I heard a soft knock followed by the voice "Natsu, an agent from H.O.L.T are here" Kimmy announce "And here's what you asked me to get," she said as she waltz towards me and handed me a slim black box which instantly makes me sad.

"Thank you" I murmur almost like a whisper.

"She will wake up Natsu" she said as she gently patted my shoulder.

"I know," and I'm waiting for it, "Can you stay with her as I talk them?" she didn't say anything but instead nod her head.

The moment I went out on Lucy's room – I found myself staring on a woman wearing a leather jeans, tight sleeveless shirt that covers by a leather jacket. She is also wearing a three inches boots and her hair is tied into tight ponytail. She smile on me – a smile that never reach her eyes. "I am agent Strike from H.O.L.T, sir" she said as she offer her hands on me. Her eyes fixed on mine like she was trying to read my mind. Strike? Is that even a name or a code name?

"Natsu Dragneel" I murmurs. "I hope you have some good news about Jane whereabouts" I murmur. H.O.L.T is a secret organization which Kimmy introduce to me three days ago.

"We can talk, Sir on a private place sir" she said and I frown "I'll lead the way." She says. She enter on one of the private room of the hospital. She motion me to sit and I did "This," she show a brown folder before she handed it to me "That's the place where Jane hiding your daughter" I carefully open the folder and I saw nothing but pictures.

"I have already the location of your daughter, Sir" she pause "It wasn't hard to find her but then I'm afraid that it will take time to get your daughter there without a bait"

"And?"

"We need to use a bait," she pauses "Lucy Heartfilia – will..."

"Are fucking kidding me?" I growl not wanting to hear any bullshit from her "We can't use her as a bait!"

If my anger is evident to her, apparently she's too stubborn and she decided to ignore it, "She's not safe here too. Jane probably thinking on how to dispose her for good."

"That is why look for another way. Not an easy way"

Lucy and my daughter is a victim of my past. They're victim of Jane. Aside from that, Lucy is someone that's already been through enough.

She look directly on my eyes like she doesn't give a fuck on my anger "Of course we can't use her as bait. She's in coma after all," I open my mouth to say something but she just raised her hand to stop me. I held her gaze for a moment as if waiting for her to give me a reason to finally throw her out of the room. 

"Lucy Heartfilia might be endanger if you leave your eyes on her. Again, Jane probably thinking on how to dispose her for good. And what I'm trying to say that you will be the 'bait'. Of course, if you don't want it I can use another way to get your daughter there"

She should have told me that! I inhale sharply to control my emotion that trying to suppress in me, she stood up and extend her hand "I will wait for your answer until tomorrow about the plan, Sir" she pauses "You can decline, Sir."

I open my mouth to say something but she just raised her hand preventing me to talk – she open her mouth to say something "What?" she says "Why you didn't tell me sooner?" she said angrily.

"What's going on?" I asked quizzically. But instead of answering me – she get a gun on her holster and pointed it on the door "Agent Strike—"

"I need you to shut up, Sir" she emphasize her words on me. She pressed something on her left ear before she speak again "Status!"

I pressed my lips together as she talked to someone "Affirmative. Check the perimeter, as well." her eyes went on me "Sir—"

"What the fuck is happening?"

"We need to get out now. Remember what I've told you, Jane will surely dispose her" she say without any emotion flashes on her eyes – like this kind of scenario is part of her daily lives. I curse under my breath before I exit on the room.

The entire hospital is a messed. Guards are trying to calm all the patients as well as the visitors but what really caught my attention is her room. Her room is slightly opened. Without looking back to the person that calling me behind, I crossed the distance and I opened the door and the first thing that my eyes found is the machine that supposedly attached on her body... and for a few quick second it's like everything flashed in front of my eyes.

I can see the bright smile that Lucy was given to me, her sweet and sarcastic remarks. I can hear her voice while she talk to our daughter, feeling her hands on mine, her eyes full of wonder looking at me, her lips saying my name. I can remember the first time I saw her again after all those years that she went away, the first time I apologize to her, the first time I saw her under the lanterns, the first dance and... the make – up kiss...

I can remember how she lay here sleeping peacefully. She was supposedly here... 

...

...

but she wasn't here.