CHAPTER #28

Uh oh

I stifled a surprise cry when I heard a loud sound of skin slapping each other. I cover my daughters eyes so she wouldn't see this thing. I bit my lower lip when I saw the man turned his face on the his left because of the powerful slap. A familiar that is no other than… Natsu.

What is he doing here? In all places, why he needs to be here? Why I need to see him?

"Is that what you planned? You're going to slapped her!"

"You don't care--"

Another powerful slap hit his skin making that man groan, "Like this huh! Are you planning to do this to her?"

My mouth parted as I watched him slapped the man's face. He did that countless times - I can feel the anger that coming from Natsu's body right now. And I'm not sure if I could approach him.

"Natsu!" I called him but it feels like he didn't hear me so I inhale sharply before "Natsu!" I say louder than the previous one.

He stop from whatever he's doing and turned his body to us. His eyes blaze with anger but as soon as his eyes went to me and to my daughter - it immediately soften "Are you okay, baby--- I mean, Lucy?"

The man who had hit my daughter instantly run away from Natsu's sight. Like is he stay there Natsu will surely kill him. I opened my mouth to say something but my daughter instantly remove my hand that covers her eyes. Her ash mauve eyes are clouded with her own tears, as she bit her lower lips to stop herself from sobbing. My heart instantly clenched in pain as I saw her tears slowly fall down on her chubby cheeks that's cue the others to fall down.

"Pumpkin, are you hurt?" I sobs as I tried to calm my daughter. I gently rubbed her back "Shh… you are safe huh" I says "You are safe"

My daughter's tears keep on streaming down her cheeks. But she didn't say anything or even muttered some words. She just keep on sobbing while her tears are flowing down on her cheeks. Suddenly, Natsu pat her head which makes my daughter look at him "You did a great job, Princess" he say gently as he gently wipe my daughter's tears on her cheeks "You didn't cry in front of that bully" he gave her a small smile "You such a brave princess"

"Mama… was hurt" she sobs. I was caught off guard by what she had said, "Mama... was hurt" she sobs.

"Of course not" he says "Your mama wasn't hurt. She's safe because of you"

"Me?" She innocently says.

Natsu nodded before he planted a soft kiss on my daughter which makes my eyes wide "And she will be more than okay. If you kiss her like that"

And to my surprise, she planted her soft moist lips on my cheeks then smile her bright smile to us. I felt Natsu's hand wrapped in my waist "See, Princess,  Mama is okay" he say softly.

"Woah" her eyes are full of happiness as she look to us.

Natsu opened his mouth to say something "Pumpkin," I say before he can utter another word "Let's change your clothes, okay"

My daughter's eyes look at me "Can Papa carry me, Mama?" she asks me with full of hope and her eyes.

I wanted to say 'No' but seeing her like that makes me agree with her. I sigh "Just be gently with my daughter, Natsu" I say without looking at him "And again, I'm sorry if my daughter mistaken you as her father"

"It's okay" he gently say "I don't mind afterall"

I gently pass my daughter to him without looking at his face, "You can join us to our picnic," I say as I turned my body to him "My daughter will surely love it and this is my token of gratitude for saving us, earlier"