CHAPTER #26

A/n: Happy Holidays everyone. I'm sorry for not updating last December 25, I'm kinda busy with my life that time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave some comments about this chapter. It will surely help me to gather some information or ideas on how will end this story.

Khiegilsan

P.S. I actually I have an ending in my mind but I'm sure you wouldn't like it so please comment what you think in this chapter.

P.P.S ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE.

I LET out a deep sigh as I continue to survey the entire place. Everything was set for tonight's event. I want everything to be perfect for my daughter. After all, my little pumpkin is very excited to light up her lantern.

I picked up my phone and checked the tonight's weather in Horishima and it said that its fine and I don't need to worry. When I left that day, I decided to stay in Horishima. Here in Horishima, Japan the summers are short, hot, oppressive, wet and most likely cloudy and the winters are very cold and mostly like clear. That is why, I put my third branch here.

I surveyed my café and it was full of patriots. Some are just tourist and some are just our regular customers.

"Meldy, is the reservation of table for the overlooking lake was done?" I asked my manager.

She once again checked her notes for double checking before looking at me directly in my eyes "Yes, Ma'am," she pauses "They'll be here at seven in the evening so probably they will join on our event for tonight"

I nodded "I'll just leave you here okay. I need to get little pumpkin ready for tonight's event" I say as I went directly on the east part of my café where you can find a small children's playground.

I really intended to put something like this in this branch for my daughter. Because I can't leave her alone in the house and I don't want to get a nanny. As soon as my daughter eyes met mine she immediately smile towards me "Mama" she says waving her hands on me.

I know some of you will surely say to me that my café is not safe for her but I just want you to know that all of my crew here, is also looking for my daughter's safety.

I CAREFULLY placed my daughter on her crib when she finally fall asleep it's already six forty in the afternoon when she finally get tired on playing and decided to sleep. As much as I'm having fun on seeing her happy it also tiring especially if she kept on running around.

I gently caressed her cheek as I smile "Happy birthday, Nashi Celestial Heartfilia, my little pumpkin" I murmurs almost like a whisper "I'm sorry if I couldn't give you your father. I'm sorry if... if... I can't give you a complete family. I'm sorry."

"But I want you to know that I want to give you everything... but your father is a different story," I inhale sharply before I gently remove the strands that covers her eyes "I don't even know if your father remembers us."

Like what I've said, I'm healed. But it doesn't meant that my feelings for him change. I still love him. I really do...

I bit my lower lips when a sudden memories blasting inside my head. That forsaken day when I finally gave up and start to forgive him. The day when he told me the name of our future child. That was the day when I thought I've be happy and confessed my feelings to him. And the day, when I finally confessed my feelings toward him – I thought I'll be happy... but I was wrong because that was the day that I'll never be with him.

That's the problem with goodbyes. It will always take you by surprise. You can't even prepared yourself for it. Just an ordinary day. There's no foreshadowing, just a sudden swish of the scythe that will destroy what once you thought can go on for a long time.

I blinked back the tears that are starting to form in my eyes when I heard a soft knock before the door's finally opened. "Ma'am?" Meldy call my attention – before she quietly entered my office "I just want to inform you that the guest who reserve the overlooking lake was here."

"Okay, thank you," I say smiling, "Can you look for my daughter while I entertained the guest?"

"Yes, Ma'am" she says smiling.

"Just call me if she wake up," She nodded "Thank you."

AS I left my office, my assistant manager greet me and gave me the status for tonight's event but my attention wasn't fully into her because my eyes saw the group of people entered my cafe. They're all laughing and they'll come near to me. My eyes looked at the man I've been waiting and missing for and there I saw him smiling but my heart almost dropped when I saw who is he smiling to.

My heart clench in pain because of what I've see. Standing beside him is a beautiful woman whose hands are cling onto his arm and they were both laughing at something.

"Good evening, Ma'am and Sir" my assistant call there attention and because of that all of their eyes went to me which makes me nervous a little.

"Lu - chan?" Levy - chan said with full of surprise.

"Are you okay?" Erza ask me "We've been looking and reaching you for almost a year"

"Why are you here?" Juvia ask me this time "Wait, is this place yours?"

I can't answer all of their question because... one, I'm shock that I saw him here. Second, they kept on asking question unison. I inhale sharply before I smile towards them "Yeah... This is my cafe. Welcome! Do you have any reservation? If not... then I can set you up in the overlooking lake"

"We do have a reservation, Lucy" Gray says.

"Oh! The VIP" I say out of nowhere "Anyway, this way" I say as I show them the way. When they arrive at their reserved table, Erza and Levy immediately approached the railing to view the lake. "Well, are you guys okay here?" I asked them once again.

They all nodded so I just gave them a tight smile "This is beautiful, Lu - chan"

I chuckle "Thank you so much" I say as I gathered my hair into one side. I never bothered to look on Natsu's face because I don't want to see that he is not paying attention to me "Okay, I'll just call you a waiter to assists you. Enjoy your evening."

"Wait! You have to join us here, Lucy Heartfilia. We have lots to catch up. Don't you dare to turned down me because I swear I ripped off your skin" Erza said.

I studied her face and then sigh like an old lady "I'm sorry, Erza..." I pauses then secretly looked at Natsu and I was shocked to see that he was looking at me. One moment... one single moment, I just want to get lost in his gaze... but I can't... I shouldn't

"Why?" Erza ask me dramatically.

"Little pumpkin will surely look for me" I say biting my lower lips.

"Little pumpkin who?" Juvia say frowning.

"My daughter" I say smiling. 

"WHAT? Daughter?" They're shouting in front of me right now and I'm thankful that the noise that coming outside will never be heard inside the cafe.

"Yeah, actually its her birthday today. That is why we are going to light the lanterns"

"Who is the father of your child, Lu-chan?"

I remained myself mute and just smile to them. I don't know if I could say it to them or to him. If feels like its not worth it to say it out loud. Especially now that he had someone by his side.

It's too late... far too late