Chapter 20

Grey
Today was the day that we'd meet at couples therapy. I decided to sign Alex and I up because I'm drained. I'm tired of fighting and being strangers in the same home. As much as I hate to admit it, I missed Alex. I missed him holding me and laughing with me. I missed being in love and not caring about anything else.

I don't know why, but all day I was nervous leading up to our therapy session. I've never been to any type of therapy or counseling before and this was making me nervous. I think I'm scared because what if it doesn't work? What if we waste our time and money just to hate each other when we get back home.

Time was ticking down at work and I was getting closer to my lunch break. As soon as the time came, I bolted out of the door. I figured the faster I get there then the faster it'll be over. That's how I faced most of my problems.

When I got into the parking lot I saw Alex's truck. He hadn't went in yet so I parked two cars away from him. He made eye contact with me and we got out of our cars at the same time.

As I got closer to the entrance he stopped to wait for me then he reached his hand out for me to grab it. I instantly felt warm all over and couldn't help but give him a shy smile.

After we checked in, a sweet woman took us into a room with a big brown leather couch and a desk that was obviously where the therapist would be seated.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hello, My name is Dr.Mills and I will hopefully be helping you two with whatever problems you might have."

She reached out her hand and Alex and I shook it.

"Hello Dr.Mills it's nice to meet you, My name is Grey"

"Alexander but I prefer Alex"

"Lovely, so what brings you in today?"

Before I could even form a sentence, Alex started talking right away.

"Well as you can see, she's pregnant and we've been in a relationship for a while and it's starting to get pretty rocky."

"Well what's making it rocky?"

"We had a fight a while back and it was to much for her and she left me. I told her I was sorry and I want nothing more than for us to be happy together and be here for our kids but she doesn't seem to want that."

"Kids? Do you two already have kids together ?"

"Well no, she's pregnant with twins and this is our first time having children with anyone."

"I see, and Grey how do you feel about what he is saying? Do you think that it's true?"

"Umm to be honest no, yes I did leave but it wasn't because "it was to much for me" it was because he hurt me and he knows that. I love Alex a lot and I want us to be a happy family as well it's just this is not the way I imagined it would happen and I guess I just haven't adjusted or accepted my reality yet."

"That's bullshit"

"Excuse me?!"

"No, we don't do that here. If you want to argue you can leave and do that for free. If we are going to talk we are going to be respectful of each other's opinion on the situation sir."

Alex let out a sigh and rolled his eyes.

"Yes ma'am I'm sorry"

"Now tell me why do you think that about what Grey said"