Chapter 17

Grey
The weekend finally rolled around and William and I were headed to the beach. I kept my outfit simple I wanted to wear a bikini but I felt weird being pregnant with my ass out so I wore some shorts. William wore grey swim trunks and no shirt. Every chance he got he'd flex his muscles and wink at me.

Florida heat is no joke in the summer, resulting in us hunting to find an ice cream truck. I got my favorite popsicle which was the strawberry shortcake and William got a blueberry slushy. We walked around for hours talking and laughing then going in and out of the water.

It was nice to get my mind off of all the stress Alex put me through. William was great company but I don't think we will turn into anything serious with how my life is right now. Alex tore me up and I can't stand him for it but I still love him.

I don't like him but I love him. William knocked me out of my thoughts as we were driving through the city.

"What's on your mind cutie?"

"Just thinking about life"

"And what about it?"

I didn't know if I wanted to tell him what was really on my mind. I didn't want to make things awkward.

"It's nothing"

"Don't give me that crap, is it about your baby or your ex or both? You keep holding your stomach if you haven't noticed."

I didn't notice and I didn't want to lead him on. I thought it was best I break the news now.

"Babiesss and yes I was"

His eyes widened, I knew it was over.

"Twins or triplets? That's awesome. You don't look like it's multiple babies in there kicking your ass. I have a set of twin sisters they're the babies in the family."

I let out a breath of relief.

"Why thank you and it's twins. They haven't been kicking my ass yet thankfully. Morning sickness is a bitch though."

"No problem. So about this ex what happened? I don't want to be involved in baby daddy drama."

He said it jokingly showing me that he didn't want to offend me and he didn't.

"Well we just didn't work out. Umm we thought we were having one baby, it was exciting. Then I had a doctors visit and turns out it was two babies in here (pointing to my stomach) and he couldn't handle it so I left."

"Awe well that sucks, I can tell you'll be a good mom with or without him."

"Thanks. What about you? you never told me about your ex."

"It was just a work thing. We're both police officers and we didn't have anytime for each other so we lost interest."

"Awe I'm sorry"

"Don't be, it didn't end on bad terms she's happy with someone else and I'm happy for her. Some people just aren't meant to be, doesn't mean we should hate each other."

"True."

I said true as if I wasn't treating Alex like shit just because of how he felt. I felt a certain way too but did he care? No, so why should I?