Chapter 14

Grey
I woke up sore and to the smell of bacon Aka my favorite combination. I was on a pillow soft bed so I knew that Alex moved me in the middle of the night. I got up showered and put on a robe to finally make it to the kitchen.

I sat down at the island to watch my sexy baby daddy cook for me. He had on Grey sweat pants and no shirt, allowing me to look at all of his beautiful muscles and tattoos.

"Good morning sleeping beauty"

He leaned over the island to give me a kiss then returned to the stove.

"Good morning babe, what's on the menu?"

"Well of course your favorite; bacon. I also made you some eggs, French toast and I got you some juice because you are not drinking coffee, and a little fruit salad."

"Sounds yummy, thanks babe"

"No problem, your body feeling okay?"

He asked with a guilty look on his face.

"Yes I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"

" It's just last night I was so rough with you, I guess not having sex for so long made me forget to be gentle with the baby"

"I'm fine I promise, but if it'll make you feel at ease I will go to a doctor."

"Alright I just want to be sure you're both okay"

"Well do you want to go today or?"

"Sure, right after breakfast"

We sit down together and enjoy breakfast in front of a window. It was nice to take in how beautiful the world is and appreciate the things you never really pay attention to.

After breakfast we headed into town and went to see my doctor. I was kind of embarrassed to tell my doctor the situation, so I made Alex do it and his face was red the whole time.

After waiting a while my doctor started to look panicked and walked out of the room. She came back with another doctor and they were pointing at my ultrasound and whispering amongst themselves, only making me more nervous.

I could see Alex getting frustrated, then he spoke up.

Alex
"Hey can you not whisper like we aren't in the room? What's wrong with our baby?"

Our doctor turned around slowly with a nervous smile.

"Umm well good news is you didn't harm anyone from having sex"

"And the bad news?"

"Well it seems we've made a mistake"

"What do you mean spit it out?!"

"Well you didn't harm your babies because you're having twins, when I did her ultrasound the first couple of visits I didn't notice a second baby at all I'm so sorry."

Grey and I both shouted at the same time

"Twins?!"
I looked at Grey and I could tell she was about to cry.

"May we have a moment doc?"

She nodded and left the room

I looked back at Grey not knowing what to say because I knew she was pissed. She was just accepting this child after I basically forced her into her first child. Now we find out we're having twins.

Grey
Twins. The word ringing in my ears... Twins. I couldn't believe that's what came out of the doctors mouth. I thought I wasn't prepared for one baby and now I find out I wasn't prepared for twins.

Alex stared at me like a deer in headlights, with guilt all over his face. The doctor returned and told us everything we needed to know and sent us on our way. Alex didn't even care to finish the cabin getaway and we went straight home.

We hadn't spoken since the doctors, I guess out of shock and not really knowing what to say. I got into bed because I was exhausted. Alex left the house without saying a word.

I slept for hours and hours, finally waking up at 9pm. I got up to look for Alex but he still wasn't home. I called getting his voicemail every single time which was pissing me off.

Around 3am I hear him stumbling through the front door and I angrily make my way downstairs. He was drunk barely being able to hold himself up.

"Oh hey babe what are you and the babies doing up so late"

His eyes widened and he covered his mouth with his hand. He started to laugh uncontrollably, making me uncomfortable.

"Did you hear that? I said babies not one but two of those things what the fuck!"

He started to laugh even louder, stumbling his way to the refrigerator looking for a beer. He was already almost on his ass so I blocked the door. He looked down at me and sucked his teeth, making his way to the couch and plopping down.

"You know before you my life was simple. It was so easy just hit it and quit it no strings attached. Now look at me a fucking mess."

I didn't say a word, standing there in pure anger waiting for what he had to say next. I didn't want to interrupt him because drunk words are sober thoughts.

"Twins?! Two fucking kids. I can't do this shit, I don't know what I was thinking when I knocked you up. What in the fuck!!"

I walked back up stairs with tears stinging my eyes. I packed a bag and came back down stairs. He was sleeping on the couch and I left to go to a hotel.

Alex
I got up confused with a terrible headache. I felt like someone hit me in the head with a hammer. It was now 5am, I got up to look for Grey and she was gone. I started to remember what happened last night and I felt my heart drop out of my ass.

I fucked up I just know I did, I can't remember all of what was said but I know it was bad if she's gone. I made my way back upstairs to shower and go to sleep.

Grey
When I made it to the hotel I was still so upset all I could do was cry. I sat up staring at the local news not even listening, just staring. He really broke my heart and I didn't know if I could ever forgive him.