Chapter 15

Alex
Every time I tried to get in touch with Grey it didn't work. She blocked my number and disappeared for a week. I went to work trying to distract myself. After a week of her being M.I.A she finally showed up to work. She looked beautiful and her skin was glowing.

Our offices are connected so she had to walk into mine to get to hers. She had on a pretty baby blue dress and her hair was pulled back into a low bun. I wanted to speak but I didn't know what to say.

"Good morning Grey"

She ignored me and kept walking. She went inside of her office and shut the door. All day she was ignoring me so I gave her the space she wanted. Our lunch break was coming up and we usually eat together, so I decided to go in.

I gently knocked on the door waiting for a response. When I didn't get one I opened the door to see her focused on her computer. I looked over her shoulder to see that she was looking at apartments.

"Grey"

She turned around to look at me, then turned back around to her screen.

"Grey it's lunch time do you want to go with me, if not I could bring you something back"

"Nah I'm okay go eat with one of your simple hit it and quit it girls" 

"Grey stop I don't know what you're even talking about"

"Oh you don't know? Let me remind you."

She told me everything I said that night and I felt like shit. I can't believe I said that to her because I didn't mean it. I was just stressed out and drunk. I won't lie I'm really not ready for twins but I knew I was still going to be a good dad to them.

"So is this why you're looking up apartments?"

"Yeah it is, you didn't know what you were thinking by knocking me up. Now I don't know what I'm thinking being in the same house as you or even a relationship."

"Wow Grey really? It's like that? We're through?"

"What does it sound like?"

I walked out slamming the door behind me before I snapped and caused a scene. I went on to lunch to calm down.

Grey
For lunch the office closes for an hour so everyone can go at the same time. I skipped lunch and caught up on paperwork. Luckily my old landlord let me get my apartment back asap.

After finishing what I had to do for the day I went back to the house to pack up and move out.

Alex
When I came back to the office she was gone. I sat down at my desk to see her resignation letter sitting on my laptop. She freakin quit all because I was drunk and stressed.

Now I was even more stressed. I was out of a relationship and an assistant. No one works as hard as Grey and she knew that, now she's gone.

Grey
I didn't have a job yet but I had enough money saved to be comfortable until I can find a new one. I focused on decorating my apartment and getting Alex out of my head.

I was bored, so I decided to go out to the grocery store to find food to fill up my refrigerator. I was making my way around the store when I dropped my phone. A beautiful blue eyed man ran and picked it up for me.

"Fingers crossed that it isn't cracked"

I started to laugh.

"Well I hope not, iPhones ain't cheap"

He made a face and looked at the screen making me nervous.

"Awe it's not cracked but something is definitely wrong with it"

I smirked already knowing where this was going.

"Let me guess your number isn't in it"

"Ding ding ding"

I started to laugh again as he handed it back and started to inspect my cart.

"Mmm salad and green beans, looks healthy I love green beans."

"They aren't mine I hate green beans, I got them for my mom"  I said it in a sarcastic tone.

He started to fake gag.

"Whew green beans I hate them things too, yuck!"

We started to laugh together he was funny and cute. An old woman walked past us and thought we were a couple.

"Awe you guys are a beautiful couple, I can tell he makes you happy"

"Awe thank you ma'am but we aren't together"

"Yeah she's cute but she wishes."

The old woman couldn't help but laugh too and apologize.

"What's your name anyways"

"William, but you can call me officer will"

"Ooh officer? That's fancy. You off today?"

"I'm working a night shift so, have to grocery shop while I can. What's you're name beautiful?"

"Well my name is Grey, Officer Will, nice to meet you"

" Well that's a cool name. Do you maybe want to go out for drinks sometime?"

I wanted to say yes so bad until I remembered I was carrying two babies in my belly.

"Well umm I'd love to but I'm pregnant so I'll have to pass. I'm sorry,It was nice meeting you though."

"Awe you're taken, the good ones always are"

"Well no I'm single, I just said it was nice meeting you because I'm pregnant."

"Well that's no problem, we can go out for water I don't mind."

"You want to take me out for water?"

"Well yes, and whatever else your heart desires."

"I'll have to think about it."

"Until you figure out if you want to live life on the edge, how about we exchange numbers and take it slow"

"Sure, I can do that"

We exchanged numbers and went our separate ways.  Taking it slow was exactly what I needed to do. After what happened the last time I let myself go I was going to do everything with caution.

William

Pregnant or not she was beautiful. She just had a glow to her that was calling my name. I saw her beautiful  curls in a messy bun on the top of her head. She had on a pink button down shirt, some high waisted jeans, and baby pink heels.

She didn't look like the mom type, but hey don't judge a book by it's cover.