Lunala- Nico/Solangelo

Hello! My name is Lunala and I'm an orphan. Or was one, until my Mythology teacher adopted me. I had lived in an orphanage before I got adopted, so you can imagine I was bullied. Short, choppy blond hair, bright blue eyes and glasses. Being from an orphanage, I was decently smart. I loved Greek Mythology and still do. You see, my father left my mum after she told him that she was pregnant with me. She told me he flew off into the sun, and that's why she named me after the moon, cause she despised the day cause of my runaway father. She ended up dying in a car crash, putting me in the orphanage. I still went to school cause of some funds from somewhere, and that's where I met Mr. Solace-di Angelo. He was my mythology teacher and the runner of the GSA at our school, which I of course attended, being Bisexual my self. Only the four of us who went to GSA knew that Mr. Solace-di Angelo has a husband, until that fateful day. Mr. Solace-di Angelo had a rule in his class where if your phone rings, you need to put it on speaker for the entire class to hear your conversation, without telling the person that they are on speaker. So, when the class heard a 'You are My Sunshine' ringtone, we all looked up to see who it was. Mr. Solace-di Angelo pulled out his phone, answering and putting it on speaker. A male voice ran through the room, of which I realized as Mr. Solace-di Angelo's husband, Will. 

"Hey Sunshine," Will said, sounding cheery. 

"Hey Will. What's up? You know not to call me during school hours," Mr. Solace-di Angelo said, smiling one of his rare smiles. 

"Sorry love, just dad came to me today and told me that theirs a kid in your school who should come to camp. One of his kids, and since you were talking to me about that one girl in your GSA, I decided to tell you and ask if you could bring her to camp tonight." Mr. Solace-di Angelo turned his head to my direction but responded to his husband. 

"Ok. I'll do that. Tell your dad that he's a git tho, even though he's my father-in-law." A small gasp erupted in the room, which Mr. Solace-di Angelo quickly hushed. 

"Will do Sunshine. See you tonight with my new sibling," Will said.

 "Love ya." 

"Love you too," Mr. Solace-di Angelo said, ending the call. The class then erupted in questions. 

"Ok everybody, one at a time. Put up your hands if you have a question for me.

" Everyone stopped talking, putting up their hands. "Ok," Mr. Solace-di Angelo said, scanning the room. 

"Helena." 

"Who was that?" Helena asked, with some kids putting down their hands. 

"That was my husband Willam. If you are in GSA, you should know this." Mr. Solace-di Angelo looked to me quickly, smiling a tiny bit. 

"Roy?" 

"Are you gay?" Mr. Solace-di Angelo sighed, tapping his hands on his desk. 

"I am," he said after a few moments. The bell then rang, cutting off any further questions, since it was the end of the day. Everyone started packing up. 

"Don't forget that your Greek god or goddess essay is due next Tuesday. Have a good weekend everyone. Oh, Lunala, could I talk to you quickly?" 

"Sure Mr. Solace-di Angelo," I said, walking over to his desk. 

" So, you know what Will was talking about?" 

"Your camp?" I ask, looking to my teacher. 

"Yes. That camp is actually for people like myself, my husband and you." I looked at him questioningly, confused. 

"You know the Greek gods and goddesses?" I nodded. 

"Well, they are all real. They live on the top of the Empire State Building, and they have kids, who we call demigods. I myself am a demigod, a child of Hades, and Will is a child of Apollo. We believe that you are a demigod, and since Apollo said that there was a demigod in my school, you may be a child of Apollo." I nod. It makes sense with the story that mum told me. 

"Can you go and get your stuff from your locker and meet me outside the school? I will take you to camp and inform the orphanage." I nodded and rushed out of his classroom. 10 minutes later I meet him outside the school. He leads me to a van the reads "Delphi's Strawberry Service." Sitting at the wheel is a blond man in a purple tee shirt, who was drumming his hands on the wheel. Mr. di Angelo-Solace opened the back door for me, catching the boys attention. 

"Hey Neeks, there you are!" He said. 

"Hey Jason. This is one of my students, Lunala. We believe she is that kid Apollo was talking bout, but even if she isn't, she's a demigod." The man, Jason, nods, staring the car as Mr. Solace-di Angelo gets in. They start talking, asking each other and myself questions. I find out all about the two camps, the two wars and the things that my teacher has done. He is one of the bravest people I know to this day. Around half an hour later we arrived at the camp. Once we walked past a giant pine tree, a golden light lit up over top of my head. I looked up to see a golden lyre fading away. Mr. Solace-di Angelo and Jason kneeled, bowing to me, as did some of the other people working around the camp. 

"All hail Lunala, daughter of Apollo," Mr. Solace-di Angelo said, standing up. 

"Follow me Lunala, I'll show you to the Apollo cabin, and we'll go and get Will." I walked behind Mr. Solace-di Angelo, taking in the camp with big eyes. We arrived to a giant white building, and walked inside. A girl walked up to Mr. di Angelo-Solace, smiling. 

"Hey Nico, what's up?" "I'm looking for Will. Also, this is Lunala. She's a new Apollo camper." I waved shyly at the girl, whose hair was dyed green. She smiled back. 

"Hi! I'm Kayla, your new half sister. I'll go and get Will. He's our cabin counseller." Kayla smiled and walking into the building. I turned to Mr. Solace-di Angelo, asking him a question. 

" Mr. Solace-di Angelo, is this your husband Will, or a different Will?" Mr. Solace-di Angelo chuckles before answering me. 

" First off, you can just call me Nico from now on, and yes, your cabin counseller is my husband." I smiled at him as Kayla walked back into the room with a blond man following her. I recognized him as Will, and to be honest, he looked almost exactly like me, just taller and male. He smiled at Nico, kissing his cheek, and then turned to me. 

"Hello Lunala. I'm Will, your cabin counseller. I'll show you around camp!" He said, offering me his hand. I took it, and he lead me out the door of what I found out was called the infirmary, where I now worked. It had been two years since that day, and I love camp. I was only 9 when I went to camp and I was the youngest Apollo camper at the time. Will and Nico adopted me a few months later, cause they wanted a kid and I had no parents, minus my no show father, Apollo. I'm a year round camper, and my dads just got an apartment for us to live in. That's it for now! Thank you for reading. I'm Lunala di Angelo-Solace, and this has been my story.

1299 words
XOXO
Peppermint ❤️