RWBY Blake x Male Reader Volume 6: Chapter 10

Lace POV

Lace: Are you a demon?

Krystal giggled at my question.

Krystal: No it's...a bit difficult to explain. I'll tell you guys soon enough.

Jasper: How long have you been able to do that?

Krystal: I'd...rather not say.

I was shocked and still trying to process what just happened. I felt my scroll ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and gasped when I saw who was calling.

Lace: I...have to answer this.

I said as I walked behind a tree.

Krystal POV

Lace walked behind a tree, and me and Jasper sat down. I looked at her, seeing she was still hurt from what I said earlier.

Krystal: I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said, I was just angry.

She stayed silent and gently ran her hand through the grass.

Krystal: If I may ask, you said Salem was the source of all your powers. What do you mean?

She stayed silent for a bit then answered.

Jasper: When I joined Salem, she...had Dr. Watts do experiments on me. Experiments to make me stronger, give me the powers of a demon. But he also changed who I was. While I was with her, I couldn't control myself. I killed a lot of people, but I couldn't resist doing it. Then when I saw you at the tournament, something clicked and I realized what I was doing. It was like I snapped back into reality. But, I felt a sort of hatred, and suddenly the feeling came back. After what happened, I came back. So I left, but because of that I lost all the powers I had before. Now all I have is my semblance.

I laid a hand on her shoulder, causing a small tear to fall down her cheek.

Jasper: I don't understand Krystal. How? How can you even stand to be around me? After what I did. And all the people I've hurt.

Krystal: Because none of that was you. That wasn't the Jasper Marta I know. Like you said it was all out of your control. I can't hate you for something that wasn't your fault.

She smiled and wiped her tears. We both looked up to see Lace walking back, her tail wagging and she had a huge smile on her face.

Lace: I'm proud to announce...

Timber POV

We all stared at the huge mech ahead of us, a bit shocked at the size. I heard Weiss over my earpiece.

Weiss: You're joking right?! You want to fight this thing?!

Ruby: We've fought giant monsters before. This is just a tiny old lady...with one very big robot.

Timber: You don't say!

Cordovan: You little spider roaches thought you could creep your way into Atlas? Well, let's see how your resolve holds out against the might of the Atlesian military!

The mech aimed its cannon at the airship and shot a missile. But Ruby quickly shot the missile before it hit the ship, causing it to explode. Cordovan looked towards us and growled.

Cordovan: So be it!

She aimed her cannon at us, and it started spinning. She shot ice dust from the cannon, but Weiss quickly jumped to the ground and used her sword to create a wall of stone to block the hit. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

Oscar: That was close!

Ruby: We need to find out how to stop Cordovan and protect the air ship until we do.