nine | Winter Solstice

Start from the beginning

"Which is why the Void is safely being watched over by Erebus. As a direct child of the Void and primordial god of darkness, he is in safe hands of protecting the Void and its surroundings from causing any destruction." Hades explained.

The Queen was silent whereas her neverending thoughts were invading every single space of her mind. This matter was solely hers to handle, not that she would impart that fact to her siblings. The oldest brother watched her with a keen look on his face. Her brooding eyes and unnerving silence in a serious matter was unusual to be found resting upon her features.

"What do you suggest we do?" Demeter asked.

"Nothing." Hera, with all her gracefulness and composure as Queen, stood from her throne and walked to the middle of the room, her back facing the Elder Olympians. Her brother's curious glance urged her to speak up and settle this matter for the time being.

"What?"

"It is only plausible to do nothing. After all, no threats have come to our world. Our Creator, Mother Chaos, is the Goddess without myths. She is known to be nothing. Regarded as lifeless and formless by the Ancient Greeks of our time. And according to Lord Zeus, the Void is our resting place and any disruption might even raise confusion and destruction in both realms. We cannot risk our lives and be welcomed and presented with additional problems on our plate.

We do nothing.

After all, it is only an endless void merged with everlasting nothingness." Twisting the words she relayed was appearing to be difficult on her part. There was a reason for the Void connecting with their world, and as a matter of fact, the creator isn't merely nothing. That entity appears in various forms, a living form, whereas the Void would be her humble abode. It was only a matter of time before she endangers a member of her family with her non-discrete actions. And once the Queen's secret was revealed in the open, there's a possibility that her plans would only go to waste, preventing her from executing her delirious desires.

With her sharp and authoritative tone, no one dared to voice out their viewpoints.

There was a hardened look on Hera's features when she turned to face her siblings. Only, it was Demeter who sank on her throne whilst the rest averted their eyes from the Queen. After all, the history between the two sisters was unforgettable. The goddess of harvest would always stand below the Queen, no matter how much time passes by. There was a time when Demeter would have her by her side and wrap her into a loving embrace. Those years were now over and with them granted with an immortal life, it would only appear as a blur. Even if the Lady Demeter dreaded that she would never have the Queen as her sister once more, a tiny bit of hope still existed inside her.

It was clear that none of them would leave the discussion unresolved but for the time being, no one transpired against the Queen's viewpoints as they held proper wisdom and safety precautions. They may have feared the wrath of the Queen but underneath her cold façade was her love for her family. Everyone was aware of that despite their ill-feelings on the matter.

"If that would be all," Zeus rose from her throne and met his siblings' eyes one by one. "The matter would be temporarily closed. Everyone is dismissed."

There was a lingering stare as his wife strolled away from them. The rainbow goddess, Iris, was quick to appear and assist the reigning Queen to her destination. No doubt, their bed chambers. After all, it was certainly time for them to shine for tonight's festivities.

•••

Her mind was, otherwise, occupied the precise moment she left the throne room. When she appeared inside her chambers in a flash of light, she presented her arm in front of her where there was a small vial containing specs of black and grey that appeared as she summoned it. Her fingers wrapped around the glass and enchanted it to a secure location.