52: Look Inside

Zacznij od początku

He started to cry again. “It was all my fault.”

I shook my head and set my hand softly on his knee. “Kale he didn’t. You came in before he did.” I tried to soothe him. I hadn’t expected this from him.

“But you were-“

“Almost naked I know. But he didn’t get to it. You broke down the door first.” I said gently. Is he really that upset about all of this?

“No Grass saved you.”

“What?”

“You called him for help. Not me. I only knew to come upstairs because Grass showed up.”

I let out a small sigh. “I called Jared to see if he wanted to come to the party so the other guys would back down a bit, not because I thought I was about to get attacked.”

“You called him, not me.” He repeated.

“You were busy with girls already. Hanging out with your stepsister didn’t sound like it would be a tempting offer for you.” I chuckled and looked away.

Kale turned and rolled over me pinning me on my back beneath him. “Whats so fucking good about Grass?”

“He’s my friend.” I responded as I blinked up at him. I wanted to tell him to get off of m e but I figured in his current state that wasn’t a very good idea.

“Yeah friend. You always choose him over me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Everytime I try to be nice he fucks it up.”

“It isn’t his fault we are fighting. You are the one who freaked out at me.” I pointed out.

“Because I kissed you and you were too busy turning to chase after Grass to even talk to me!” he yelled down at me keeping my wrists pinned above my head.

I flinched as he yelled in my face. “Kale I-“

“And in the kitchen when I tried talking to you. And when I wanted to get to know you better by giving you rides to school. And when I tried making up to you swimming in the pool. Now I know even when I brought you to the party so you could make more friends. Grass Grass Grass.”

I could smell the vodka in his breath as he fumed at me. “Kale-“

Again he cut me off. “He’s nothing that I’m not.” Tears came to his eyes again and a few fell down his face onto my cheeks as he hovered on all fours above me.

“It’s okay calm down.” Why am I comforting him when he’s the one pinning me down?

“It’s not okay. Three more months and we’ll be related.”

So that’s what this is about. “Look if you hate me that much I will just move back in with my dad okay? I’m not trying to ruin your perfect little world here.”

“No!” he yelled causing me to jump. “I don’t want you to go.”

“Then why is it so bad we’ll be related?”

“I want you.”

I blinked in shock and before I could even process his words he kissed me. His perfect soft lips met mine and he kissed me gently at first. I was too surprised to even respond. He’s just playing with me again.

And then his mouth forced mine open and I could feel his tongue searching my mouth, playing with mine. The bitter taste of vodka greeted my tongue as he kissed me deeper. I laid there beneath him not knowing what to do. I couldn’t give in. I couldn’t kiss him back. But I couldn’t bring myself to bite his tongue like I had Miles.

So I laid there beneath him his skin against mine, his lips working against my mouth. My lack of response didn’t seem to bother him. He only kissed me deeper yet his mouth working furiously. Even without kissing back I could feel my breathing begin to pick up slowly as heat flushed through my cheeks.

After a long time he pulled away and rested his head on my chest removing his hands from my wrists he laid ontop of me. I could feel his warm skin on mine for I was still in my swimming suit, and he in his boxers. He breathed hard, clinging onto me.

What just happened?!  My mind screamed confused. “Kale?” I breathed gently after a long time. He didn’t respond. He had fallen asleep.

Blame it On Me - Parachute