Bonus: Lucifer and Jeremy with children (part one)

PART ONE: Lucifer and Jeremy with children

Lucifer was probably about to go insane. The couple had gone on a walk and everything was nice and perfect until Jeremy noticed a small child standing in the crowd alone. "But he's all alone!" Jeremy stopped, refusing to take another step even when the devil kept tugging on his hand.

"I said no! We are not bringing in strays," Lucifer tried to say firmly but the human knew he was a softie for him, so over time Jeremy would listen less and less. It was both refreshing for the devil and also incredibly annoying.

Jeremy paused, looking into the devil's eyes before he kissed him lightly on the lips. The grip on his hand eased immediately and he smiled back at the brooding man. "Sucks to be you," the human giggled, taking a step back and rushing over to the child before he could do anything about it.

"Damn it, human."

"Are you okay?" Jeremy asked and placed a hand on his shoulder when he arrived into the Hell lobby. The young boy looked up at the human with the most adorable and innocent face ever and Jeremy swore he felt his heart melt.

"Where are my parents?" The innocent boy asked, effectively ignoring his question, and glanced at Lucifer when he took a stance besides Jeremy.

The human licked his lip in contemplation and crouched down to the brown-eyed boy. "Um," He started and the boy rolled his eyes. Jeremy's gaze tightened but he kept talking anyway, "They're not here."

The boy looked up at Lucifer, "Does he always talk so slowly? Are you incompetent?"

Jeremy's eyebrows shot up to Earth itself as he gaped at the boy. Lucifer pulled his lover to his feet and glared at the boy, "Don't talk to him like that."

The boy rolled his eyes once more, "You guys suck. I'm going home." He might've only been around eight years old but he was surely a spitfire inside and completely rude and impolite.

The adults' gazes instantly softened again. "About that," Lucifer said at the same time as Jeremy said, "Aw, baby, listen—"

"You're dead, so you'll never see your parents again. Just get over it," The devil said blandly as if he just wanted the kid to go away and stop taking up their time. Jeremy gasped loudly and smacked his chest, "Don't be so insensitive!" The devil shrugged, not minding one bit but he immediately started to regret his decision when the boy's bottom lip started to tremble and his eyes welled up with fresh tears.

"Do you think he'd notice if we left?" Lucifer whispered to Jeremy but just received another smack from the human and a glare from the boy, who clearly heard what he said.

Jeremy cleared his throat and pushed Lucifer a step back. "What he meant to say was," He shot a glare towards his lover before his attention went back to the child. "You died and that means you can't see you parents."

Lucifer rolled his eyes, "That was exactly what I said!"

"If you don't shut up, I won't sleep with you the next two weeks." The devil instantly grew silent, mockingly zipping his mouth shut and throwing the key away.

"I'm dead?" The child whispered brokenly.

"Yes, but it's okay, it's not so bad here," Jeremy reassured. Lucifer had to close his fists tightly to keep himself from saying that he's the only one being treated well in Hell and the boy will probably be tortured within the next few hours. The devil winced at the thought, knowing his human would be heartbroken if he knew this.

Jeremy covered the boy with his arms into a big and warm hug. His thoughts suddenly seemed unimportant as he observed the pair with wonder. A warm and fuzzy feeling settled in the devil's chest and he shuddered in disgust, hating how he was admiring how Jeremy handled the situation. It only made him wonder how he would be with their future children, a thought he'd never carried before.

The moment the child stopped crying, Lucifer stepped forward again, resting a hand on Jeremy's shoulder. "Let's get him taken care of, yeah?"

Jeremy beamed up at him, loving the man for all he's worth. "Thank you," he kissed him again. They both savoured the feeling before reluctantly turning away from each other.

"Come on, little alien," Lucifer called to the child. Jeremy was about to protest but stopped himself when he noticed that the boy wasn't bothered and followed him without a care in the world. They walked up to the front desk, cutting the extremely long line but no one dared to say a word against it.

"My lord," The receptionist squeaked, straightening up in her seat. The human could easily remember her from his first day in Hell. The day his life changed forever. "What brings you here?" A small bead of sweat was tickling down her forehead and Jeremy could only wonder what she'd done to be so nervous right now. He didn't want her to die so he decided not to say anything.

"Take care of this child and process him," Lucifer demanded. The demon instantly got to work, clicking away at the keyboard as the devil grabbed the human's hand, pulling him out of the large room. Jeremy called a 'goodbye' over his shoulder right before the large doors slammed closed.

"That went quite well, didn't it?" Jeremy asked excitedly.

"You do realise that he murdered his entire family while they slept, right?"

At the horrified expression Jeremy was giving him, it was officially safe to say that no, he didn't know that. "I hugged him!" Lucifer laughed while the human felt like throwing up.

"Maybe that's why he's dealing with his arrival a lot better than you did," he joked, referring to his accident the day they met.

Jeremy blushed a deep red, "We don't talk about that anymore."