Chapter one: The three Deciders

"I'm so bored, let's throw water in his face or something

"I'm so bored, let's throw water in his face or something." The man looked down at the mob of curls splayed out on the floor. They probably should've put him in a chair or something, the floor hadn't been cleaned in years, but even the thought of doing anything physical made the man shudder, thankful for his genepool.

"Be patient, you little shithead, or I'll be the one throwing water over you," came the reply, just as Jeremy began stirring. The impatient man began slapping the other man's chest repeatedly, "He's up! Look!" He reminded him of a child on Christmas morning: incredibly annoying.

"I know, I have eyes, fucking hell, Kinqi, go away and let the grownups handle this," the man sighed deeply. "You're always so moody, Dauddi," A third man interjected while shaking his head disapprovingly, and then proceeded to poking Jeremy's cheek. Dauddi rolled his eyes, "You're one to speak, just last night you were whining all night for me to come to bed, but when I got there, you kicked me out!" Kinqi's eyes followed the bickering with hungry eyes, almost holding his breath in anticipation as he waited for Naugti's reply.

Voices filled Jeremy's ears as he slowly began regaining consciousness, but none of the three men seemed to notice, too caught up in their argument. Maybe he had survived the car crash after all, he thought, while it seemed unlikely, but he wasn't about to complain. His heart started beating harshly against his chest when he realised he wasn't in a hospital room as he'd expected. No, instead the smaller boy was laying face first on the filthy floor with three large men yelling at each other above him. His whole body was aching and the movement of trying to get up, caused him to groan out.

"I did not kick you out, you little bugger, you just did a U-turn as soon as your feet hit the damn bedroom floor!" Naugti crossed his arms, causing his muscles to bulge out. He was gradually becoming more and more annoyed with Dauddi, and Kinqi wasn't exactly helping the situation with his wide eyes and smug grin.

Jeremy stared at the three men from his place on the floor, completely unamused by the situation as his heart kept racing. "What's going on?" His fear was evident in his voice, but none of the men heard him over their own bickering.

"Ohh trouble in paradise," Kinqi grinned, "I'm living for this drama, maybe I should join you next time, I'm sure Naugti would love that." Kinqi smiled suggestively while lifting his eyebrows repeatedly. "You're so bloody weird sometimes, mate," Dauddi mumbled while Naugti was shuddering in disgust.

Jeremy felt incredibly confused as he listened intently to them, as he wondered if the car crash had been a mere dream and he had, in fact, been kidnapped instead. All three men were filled with muscles, but that wasn't what caught Jeremy's attention. He let out a startled yell when he noticed tails on all three of them with a pointy end. This caused three sets of eyes to snap at him with reptile-like eyes.

"Finally! I thought you'd never wake up, human," Kinqi all but yelled. Dauddi rolled his eyes and took charge of the situation. "My name is Dauddi and besides me is Kinqi and Naugti. Our job is to decide whether you go to Heaven or Hell, hence why we're called The Deciders." His voice was monotone as if he had said those words hundreds of times.

Jeremy's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water, and only managed to utter a simple, "What?" The man who spoke rolled his eyes again, a habit he seemed to do quite a bit, "Right, you died, yada yada now you're here, so! Let's get into this."

All of a sudden the three Deciders surrounded Jeremy on the floor and clutched their hands firmly together. Words in a different language were spraying from their mouths and he looked around in a panic. What's going on? The mantra ended abruptly when images started pouring into all of their heads. Jeremy instantly recognised the pictures moving in his head, when he once more saw a red car headed straight towards another version of himself, as he stared from above. The whole incident played out and ended shortly after the driver said, 'Go to Hell.'

He was pulled back to reality and quickly rose to his feet. "I don't know what's going on, but just let me go home, I promise I won't mention this to anyone." As Jeremy kept begging to be let go, Naugti's attention soon started slipping and he was reminded on their argument that took place moments ago. He looked up at his lover and noticed he was equally bored, bordering annoyed, while Kinqi's face was set in a grimace. "Whose turn is it to cook dinner tonight?" Naugti suddenly interrupted, finding no interest in the boy nor feeling the need to continue their previous argument.

The two other men snapped out of their daze as they watched the wide-eyed boy fall silent. Dauddi didn't reply as he expectantly glanced over at Kinqi. "No chance in Hell am I cooking, have the house cleaner do it," Kinqi complained while Dauddi's eyes hardened. "I can't believe I have to live with you– She cleans, not cooks, you lazy shit."

"Hey! I don't see you volunteering, old fart," he rolled his eyes and took a daring step forward, causing him to bump his shoulder into Jeremy who stumbled back upon impact. They sure do fight a lot, Jeremy thought, annoyed they were ignoring him once again.

"Well, standing you is like a full time job," he fired back and mimicked his step.

Jeremy was never one to get mad, but the whole situation was frustrating and he didn't understand what was going on, even though the man had explained it as if it was obvious. "Hey!" He snapped and stomped his foot, instantly regretting it when he looked like a child throwing a tantrum.

This seemed to work as their eyes once more focussed on him. "Wait, I forgot where we were... Something about going to Hell, well that'll work out fine, since you want to anyway." Kinqi seemed almost happy and added, "It's a good choice, and Heaven is overrated anyway." They all nodded their head and smiled in a job well done. It was obvious they wanted the kid gone so they could go back to their own lives.

Dauddi snorted, "That boy won't survive a day in Hell."

"Wait, no! That wasn't what I said," Jeremy barely managed to finish his sentence when Naugti suddenly poked Jeremy hard on the forehead, causing him to fall limply to the ground before getting sucked into the floor.

Neither man even blinked as Jeremy disappeared before their eyes.

"But he's already dead, so he can't die," Kinqi continued their conversation as if nothing had happened, and stared up at Dauddi and Naugti who glanced back at him, annoyed.

"You're so stupid sometimes, Kinqi, I'm actually concerned."

"But Hell is what happens after death, so how would he die once more," he pondered quietly and then added, "What would happen after this death then?" Once more he reminded the two other men of a child with his numerous questions and the lack of knowledge about when to end a conversation.

"Nothing, just darkness," replied Naugti as if it was obvious. "You cease existing."

"But how would you know, you've never died twice before?"

Silence fell in the room. "Shut up, Kinqi." And then left the man to wonder by himself.

xxx

What do you think about the Deciders?

Q: What's your favourite colour?

A: Dark purple.