Chapter 20: Crash

It was raining fire.

The fog was thick and excessively hot. Naked people crawled along the dry sand, trying to hope to rise and run away, but were too weak for that; they are doomed to eternity in a rain of fire.

The clouds above his head were more like smoke. They were not fluffy and white as they should be. Instead, they were skinny and gray, enveloping a crimson sky with a veil of darkness.

People here did not scream. They groaned and groaned from slow and painful punishment. Essentially, they simply burned on the hot sand like hot coal.

Frowning. I gripped Harry's hand tighter, arguing how these people could endure this terrible punishment forever. But Harry is right. All this is a hoax.

At least I hope so.

It was like a miracle. You must strongly believe in what you want to see. Inside each of us is hope.

In the distance we saw a forest of suicides, and I shuddered at the mere thought that I would have to go in there. Although the fire painfully burned my skin, I am ready to endure it, if only not to return there.

I tried not to step on someone when we walked along the sand. People noticed us and started reaching for us for help, but Harry told me not to make eye contact with them. He said that they themselves must get out, and we need to hurry.

His hand fell on my shoulders to protect me from drops of fire. Now he was not able to use his shadows for his own good, as it was before.

Harry escaped from the deception of Lucifer. He became fallen, gaining strength, but when his faith in Lucifer was gone, then his strength was lost.

"Now we will go through the eighth circle," Harry told me. "I want to warn you so that you stay close to me."

I wanted to hide behind a cloak so that no one could recognize me. Of course, there was nobody here, but as soon as we get closer to our goal, the worse it gets for me. I wondered how we should be if they decide to attack us, because now we are not on their side. Harry told me not to worry about it. I don't understand why, but he is not worried at all. And I decided to trust him.

I sighed in relief when my feet stepped on the cold sand, and the rain stopped. Looking up, I saw ditches that stretched far away from us, and I heard a laugh very similar to that of hyenas.

It was the eighth circle.

The eighth circle was divided into ten parts. Harry pulled me closer to him and ordered me not to attract attention and not to examine everything around. But I could not help myself when we approached the first ditch.

The naked woman was tied to a pillar, and a bandage in black shroud froze in her eyes. She screamed as a hot whip ran down her back. The demon behind her mercilessly whipped her back.

There were other people tied to pillars or beds, and they were also beaten. All the demons were different: some looked more like animals, and some looked quite normal, like Asmodeus.

"Pimps and seducers," Harry whispered.

I nodded, tearing my eyes away from this terrible scene. I heard a whip ripping through their skin. I imagined what terrible wounds form on their body. How could they stand it all?

There was a terrible smell near the second ditch. Wincing, I closed my nose, not being able to tolerate it.

This time, people were tied to chairs and were doused with some kind of black liquid.

"Flatterers," he muttered creakily.

"What are they covered with?"

"Excrement."