"You keep saying that!"

"Because that's how you gain someone's forgiveness! It doesn't just change because you don't like the method, Kai,"

"I hate this feelings shit. This is the worst. I hate you. You're the worst friend ever,"

"Okay. Talk to you tomorrow,"

"I will not be talking to you tomorrow, because we're not friends anymore,"

"Okay,"

Rory pulls the phone away from her ear to hang up, but Kai yelps through the line. "No, no, wait! I was kidding. I was kidding—we're still friends, right? You're literally my only friend,"

"Of course we are, Kai, but I have to go. Seriously, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Or if there's anything else, you can just text me. I'll be here," Rory says, holding a finger up to silence Klaus when he opens his mouth to usher her towards the living room.

"Okay,"

"Okay. I'm going to hang up now,"

"Fine,"

"Bye bye,"

"Wait!" Kai calls out once more.

Klaus walks forward, snatching the phone out of Rory's hand. He holds it against his ear, speaking quickly into the receiver before Rory can grab it from him again. "Sorry, mate, but we're having a little issue here. I think Rory has more important things to worry about rather than your matters with forgiveness. Goodbye,"

Rory scowls as he ends the call, tossing the phone back to her. "You're such an ass," she says.

"You were on the bloody phone with him for an hour yesterday just talking about how he murdered his kid siblings. I think what he needs is a therapist. Why don't I pass him Camille's number instead?" Klaus raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest.

"She doesn't need more on her plate. She has you to talk about daggering your siblings, imagine the tension headaches she'll get with Kai once he brings up the fact that he butchered his family," Rory brushes past him, her shoulder banging against his as she exits the kitchen. "What's got you in such an urgent mood, anyway?"

"Well, Hayley and Jackson here have made the decision to take a stroll outside without letting anybody know, and he—" Klaus jabs at Jackson's shoulder, making the werewolf bristle in annoyance. "—proceeded to get his mind infiltrated by our dear aunt Dahlia."

Rory notices the newly married couple sitting together at the round table. Her eyes flickered to Elijah, who is surprisingly in the room as well. He gives her a grimace, nodding in politeness. Freya and Rebekah are there as well, which makes Rory the odd one out of the family gathering.

"Okay! We get it. Now, let's just figure out what the hell we're going to do," Hayley interjects, looking embarrassed.

"What I would like to do is take a strong leash—" Klaus starts.

"Children, please. Niklaus, your ire is justified. However, Hayley is right—we need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you please?" Elijah suddenly interrupts Klaus' tangent, turning to face his older sister.

Freya sighs. "The spell you described...Dahlia calls it "kenning"—using proxies to watch her enemies from afar. But I've never seen it done on quite this scale,"

"So, it's like mind control," Rory states. Freya nods. Rory's suddenly glad that she went to get that hex removed, because Dahlia sounds like someone she does not want to fuck with.

descent | 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 [HIATUS]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें