"So..." Kai trails off. "You got hexed, huh? What's that about?"

"My ex-boyfriend's brother tried to go through my memories and bring back my ancestors to make a cure for vampirism," Rory responds in a blasé fashion. Kai blinks at her as Rory looks up at him. "It's complicated."

"Your ex-boyfriend. The...hybrid...man...person?"

Rory snorts. "Yeah. The hybrid man-person," she nods. "Who told you about that?"

"Damon," Kai replies. Rory looks up at him, surprised. "And Bonnie. They talked about you a lot in the Prison World. Damon was mostly going on about how annoying you were, though. But I think he kinda misses you."

"Oh. That's nice,"

"Yeah. He made pancakes for Bonnie like, every day. She hates you for it, because apparently you taught him how to?"

"I did," Rory nods, smiling up at him. "And this is the Prison World in which you stalked them for a few months and tried to kill both of them?"

Kai makes a sound. "I guess we should probably address the elephant in the room," Kai says. Rory nods. He sighs, slumping against the bench. "I don't think Bonnie's going to show. She hates me."

"I think she is. I asked her to come,"

"Doesn't mean she's going to,"

"Bonnie and I are best friends,"

"Okay. But I stabbed her in the gut that one time, so..."

Rory sighs, standing up. "Okay, fine. If Bonnie doesn't show in..." she looks down at her watch, squinting at the time. "An hour, then we'll just go ahead and figure out this hex shit ourselves. Is that fine?"

"What are we going to do for an hour?" Kai frowns.

"There's a park right there. We can take a walk," Rory shrugs, stuffing her hands into her jacket.

"A walk," Kai repeats.

"Yup. Sociopathic murderers take walks too, right?" Rory takes a step backwards, flashing him a smirk. "I mean, I dated a psychopathic murderer, but if he can take a walk, then I'm sure you can too."

Kai stares at her as if she's grown two heads. Rory turns her back on him, continuing to walk down the park. He ends up pushing himself off the bench, jogging after her. He stuffs his hands into his pockets, exhaling.

"So, what's your story?" Kai asks. "Your real story, I mean. Not what they told me," Kai looks at her, raising an eyebrow. "I heard you just left town without a word."

"I think you should start by telling me yours. How do I know you're not going to kill me when you're siphoning the magic from that hex?" Rory inquires, raising an eyebrow.

Kai looks up at the sun, squinting. "I'm good now. So your comment about me being a sociopathic murderer is wrong," Kai mutters petulantly. "I have feelings now, and I'm trying to make it up to everybody that I've hurt. Including Bonnie. And that means not hurting her best friend."

"How does that happen?" Rory asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I merged with my brother and when I did it, I feel what he feels, so," Kai shrugs.

"Merged?" Rory blinks. "Did you like...eat him...?"

"I guess? Something like that?" Kai turns to look at her, a frown on his face. "My coven has this thing that if twins are born, we have to kind of compete with each other for the position of the leader. The stronger one consumes the other, getting their magic."