"You sure?" she asks, and that's when I look at her and the scratches on her face. Seeing them makes my blood boil.

I force a reassuring smile and say, "I got this."

Merida smirks and nods. "I don't doubt that. Text you later." And then she walks away, leaving me with the one person I'd rather not be with.

Neither of us talk, waiting until Merida is out of earshot, and when she is, I make sure to take the floor first.

"What the hell is it that you have to say?" I ask, my voice calm but my attitude sharp. She doesn't even need my voice to know I hate her. It's all in the eyes.

Eyes that once cried over her. My first best friend who stabbed me in the back because she wanted to be with the rich kids. My first best friend who left me as soon as she got her chance. I value loyalty and she broke that, and once it's broken it's hard to ever be fixed again.

Heather sighs and I expected her to say something along the lines of Must you always be so angry? But instead she says, "I just wanted to tell you...to ask you...if you could tell Elsa that I'm sorry Hans did all that to her."

"What?" I ask, eyes wide and confused. "You believe her then? And how come you can't tell her that yourself?"

And why? Why does she care if Elsa knows she's sorry?

"Yeah, I believe her," she answers, nodding, "and the reason I want you to tell her is...well for one you see her more than me. You're her friend. And two...it'd be more believable coming from you."

Oh my god...she looks...genuinely sincere. What the fuck? Am I being tricked? Heather is a good actress after all.

"Listen here, sweetheart," I snap as I point a finger at her, "I wasn't afraid to beat the shit out of you for touching Merida, and I'm not afraid to do it again if you're trying to scheme against Elsa-"

"Why the fuck would I scheme against her?" Heather asks, getting pissed now. "All I want you to do is tell her that I'm sorry she went through all of that."

"Why then?" Polite people say prying is rude. Good thing I don't care.

Heather is silent for a moment, a long moment, a moment that consisted of heavy eye contact. It was almost as if she was trying to answer me with her eyes instead of voicing it out loud. That perhaps her eyes would be more believable, that they would tell me more than her voice ever could.

But instead of answering me, she just sighs and says: "This was a waste of time. Forget I said anything. Oh and Astrid?" She brings up her hand to touch the bruise forming on her cheek. "You fight good."

And while my hardened face did not falter, my heart did skip a beat.

Mulan is my favorite movie and she knows it. We used to watch it together all the time at every sleepover. And hearing her quote it...ugh it makes me sad.

"I wouldn't have had to fight if you had just let Merida do her thing," I remark as I cross my arms and dig my finger nails into the skin of my arms. I need to get home to my axes ASAP and give them one hell of a throw.

Heather turns around and when her back is facing me, she answers. "I had to protect my friend just like you had to protect yours."

"We were friends once though," I remind her, digging my nails even deeper. "And instead of protecting me, you hurt me. You left me for people who don't give a shit about you. You know Chloe only cares for herself. She is not your friend. So why bother with her?"

Heather sighs again. "You asked me that question once before and I gave you my answer. I'm a somebody with her-"

"No you're a bitch when you're with her, and just like last time I don't believe it. There's more to it." I know there is. My intuition is always right, but it's the guessing part that I have difficulty with.

"Just drop it okay?" She snaps at me, making me growl. "I said what I said, so bye." And then she walks off in the other direction, leaving me where I stood.

And as I watched her go, my thoughts drifted to Eret and Hiccup. Eret is dating her (or maybe just hooking up) and if he catches feelings I don't want him getting hurt when she drops him like a bomb. I want him to stay away from her. And Hiccup...I want him to stay away from her even more. If he likes her as much as he likes me...or did like...or whatever the fuck it is he feels...I don't want him getting hurt either. Whether he sees her as his friend or possible love interest, she's going to hurt him. Both of them!

She's a cunning liar. The best actress I have ever seen in my entire life.

And yet...

I've never believed her more when she said she felt bad for Elsa.

.

.

.

A.N.: I hope you enjoyed this filler chapter! Or is it more than just a filler? Does it have a purpose? I wonder what it could mean...hmm. Lol I'll try to update as soon as I can. Stay safe everyone! I'll see you guys later. Byyyeee :)