~CHAPTER 40~

~ELSA'S POV~

"Are you sure you want to be out tonight?" Asks my aunt from the passenger seat of the car that my uncle decided to drive. Usually, my uncle doesn't go or take us anywhere because he's always busy with work, but for once he decided to spend some quality time with his daughter and nieces, even if it meant dropping them off at an Ice Rink, no longer being in his presence for him to protect and know are safe.

"I can easily turn around right now," Uncle Frederick adds, flashing a hopeful smile.

Honestly, a part of me does want to go back home and stay there, but I had promised Jack I'd be here for his first game. I promised Kristoff too. Truthfully, I don't want to miss it either. What I want is to not feel so...afraid. Paranoid. Tired. Angry.

"As tempting as that sounds, Uncle," I say, my eyes never leaving the car window, gluing my gaze to the building's doors that we're parked a few feet away from. "We made a promise to our friends that we'd be here."

Because it wasn't only Jack and Kristoff who Anna, Rapunzel, and I had made the promise to. It was the rest of our friend group as well, all of whom wanted to spend time with us and cheer us up after today's earlier events.

"And we never break our promises," Rapunzel pipes in. "Ever."

"Plus, we're already here," says Anna, "and that'd be a waste of gas."

Uncle Frederick sighs, disappointed. "Very well then."

"You and auntie can stay and watch the game with us?" Anna suggests as she clicks off her seatbelt, my cousin and I doing the same.

"That's okay, sweetie," says Aunt Arianna, "We don't want to get in the way of you three trying to feel...well...normal again. Today really messed that up, huh? Go have fun, and please be careful. Don't go anywhere alone. All of you stick together okay?"

The three of us said our okays and got out of the car after that.

The walk inside and the purchasing of our tickets felt as though it took a lifetime when really it was only five minutes. Every step felt heavy, just like whenever I would walk into school, only heavier, and it's probably due to the bigger crowd. There are more people, more eyes, more stares.

I'm just praying that everyone will be more focused on the players and game than the three of us.

Astrid was the first to notice us and she held no shyness as she called out to us from where she and the others sat, right in the front row. A perfect spot for me to see Jack in all his glory on the ice.

My lips curl into a small smile at the memory of our first kiss on this exact rink. That was one hell of a night. Wasn't even that long ago, and yet...it feels like a lifetime. So much has happened since then. Actually, if my memory is right, so much had happened right after that kiss, and lord do I want to kiss him again. The desire to crush my lips to his practically has my lips itching right now. And as I glance at the ice, my body wanted nothing more than to put on a pair of skates and let go of all my worries. I want to dance on the ice again.

Or rather fall actually. I'm not as good as I once was, but maybe...maybe that will change one day. Maybe Jack will help me fully reconnect again. Because honestly, that night when I got back on the ice, it was Jack I connected with. Not the ice, not the skates, him.

The thought of us being on the ice again sends butterflies to tickle my stomach. A much better feeling than the knots I've been feeling churning inside me all day.

"It's about time you guys got here," says Moana as she smiles happily. "We were starting to worry..."

That's what they've been doing all day.