~CHAPTER 29~

Elsa's POV

I didn't want to let her go, my beloved cousin, who I held tightly as I cried into the crook of her neck. I'm probably hurting her since I'm holding onto her so tight, but she hasn't said anything so I kept my arms around her, absorbing her warmth to ease my sudden coldness.

I knew Anna would be upset, but to side with my attacker? Someone who caused me harm and who could have possibly raped, murdered, or kidnapped me? I thought she...Why can't she see that Hans is no Prince Charming? How could she leave me like that?

You deserve this, says my inner voice, This is the real moment where you've lost her for good. All those moments where you thought you lost her before was just practice that was leading up to this, the real moment.

"It'll be okay," Rapunzel says as she rubs my back, her voice cracking with emotion. God if she cried then I'm definitely not going to stop. "I promise, Elsa." She gently pulls me away from her so we could look at each other face to face and when we do, she wipes away my tears and says once more: "I promise."

I held back my tears and nodded, not daring to speak for I knew my voice would crack like hers did, and there's just something about hearing the emotion in your own voice that can really break someone.

"Stoick!" Says my uncle into his phone from the doorway, his back facing Rapunzel and I. "I need you to stop whatever you're doing and—" But I blocked the rest of his words out, terrified of the following events that are to come, all of which played out in my mind.

And not one of the possibilities were good. Not a single one.

Rapunzel gets her phone out too and sends a quick text to someone who I don't even bother asking about. I let her do her thing and wait, and that's what sucks the most. The waiting. When she's done though, she grabs my hand, squeezes it, and smiles at me reassuringly. "Are you thirsty? Whatever you want, I'll get it."

Thirsty? I'm dehydrated! My throat has never been so dry before. But I don't want her to go anywhere by herself, and if she takes her dad with her then I'll be left alone, and I certainly don't want that either. "Can you just...stay? I-I don't want you going anywhere by yourself. Hans could be...he could be...watching us somewhere or—"

I felt my heart start to race again and the monitor picked up on it, which caught both hers and my uncle's attention. "Elsa," says my uncle before my cousin could, "you need to calm down before you have a panic attack." He made his way back towards my bed, his phone back in his pocket, telling me that his task is done.

The police are on their way.

Which did not help my heart.

"Yeah," says his daughter as she takes both of my hands to hold in hers, "focus on your breathing, okay? Deep breath in, deep breath out. Do what Peter Pan does and think happy thoughts." She gestured to show me how, and I mimic her, thinking of happy thoughts.

I thought of her, of Anna, my parents, aunt and uncle, my new friends, my new life, and...Jack. Oh Jack. Wait...Jack?!

I saw him from the corner of my eye, which caused me to quickly snap my head over to fully see with both eyes, and sure enough, there he was, standing in the doorway with white roses in his hand, panting heavily (did he just get done running?) and looking shyly into the room at me. "Jack?!" I blurt out, wondering if I was seeing things at first.

Rapunzel and Frederick turn and their reactions told me that this is reality. "Oh my god," Rapunzel says, shocked. "You got here fast! I just texted you like not even five minutes ago. I know you were nearby, but dang. Did you run?"