~CHAPTER 27~

Elsa's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Over and over again did the beeping go, stirring me from my slumber, which introduced me to a bright light that I mistook for Heaven. But no. As my eyes adjusted, I realized that I'm not in Heaven at all. I'm in a hospital room. Where exactly am I? Why am I here? How did I get here? What happened? What's going on? Where is my family? Where are my friends?

As these questioned raged on in my head, over and over again like the beeping, I look at my surroundings. The room is just like any other normal hospital room; a sink, equipment, TV, window, bathroom, and a curtain separating my bed from the other bed. Do I have a roommate or is it empty?

My gaze then turns to linger on myself. My costume from yesterday was replaced with the hospital's specialty gowns, which would put Edna into tears, my hair is fully down, pulled over my shoulders like curtains on a window, and I'm hooked up to an IV. At least I think so. I hate hospitals and I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to their equipment and terminology.

Wait...costume...I was wearing a costume...for...for Halloween!

And just like that everything came flooding back. Every single moment. Edna and Gabriel arriving with my outfit, going to Mavis's party, talking with Tooth, finding Jack, spending time with him and his siblings, going to the ice rink, skating for the first time in years, kissing him, driving back to his house to return his car and then booking an Uber, reuniting with our friends, experiencing the scary Haunted Rooms, staying the night at the hotel, having a Halloween movie marathon, and then the next day...getting attacked by Hans when I confronted him.

Hans. Oh my god! Where is he?

The beeping of the monitor, my heartbeat, sped up, which caused someone to gasp and throw open to curtain, making me jump in surprise, which I think caused my heart to skip a beat.

"Elsa!" She said my name in a worried panic, but freezes when she sees me, her eyes instantly building up with tears, and then she's saying my name in relieved happiness. "Oh my god! Elsa! You're awake!"

Anna's arms are around me before I even had time to blink, and she's squeezing me tightly, which makes me hiss out in pain. I didn't get the chance to hug her back because she's suddenly pulling away at the sound of my discomfort. "Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! Are you in pain? Should I get Aunt Arianna? Or the doctor? I should probably get the doctor first, right? Wait, do you need to pee? I'll help you walk to the bathroom if you're too sore. Wait, are you thirsty? Hungry? Do you want me to get you something from the Cafeteria? Or have a nurse get something? Just tell me what you want and I'll gladly do it. I'll--"

I was going to let her continue her rambling, but it quickly got to the point where she was speaking way too fast and way too loud for my throbbing head.

"Anna, what I want is for you to breathe," I say, chuckling a little since it should be me freaking out. My little giggle was cut short though when pain in my ribs followed after. I held back from wincing so Anna wouldn't worry. A tear had fallen down her cheek from when she had hugged me, almost completely soaked into her skin now, but I reach up and wipe the remaining dampness away. "Okay?"

Anna leans in to my hand and brings her own hands up to gently wrap around my wrist and forearm, keeping me in place for a little longer. She closes her eyes contently, and inhales deeply to calm herself. "Okay."

And while I knew exactly what happened to me, I am left unsure what happened after I blacked out, so I asked: "So...tell me what happened."

A flash of worry sparks her eyes and she lowers my hand from her cheek to hold in her lap. "I was hoping you'd tell me? Elsa, do you not remember what happened to you? Oh my god, do you have amnesia?!"