Chapter Nine - Victim

We all got rid of Jackson, Alicia, and Vinny's bodies, then cleaned the house and cleared the horrible stench that had been disturbing us for hours. There were only ten of us left in the house, and we had started off with fifteen houseguests. That was not good information to remember.

   Liza decided to paint a picture of those who had died so far, to remember them, and even drew the murderers. She told me that the murderers were possibly driven to kill by someone, because there are three murderers, they all have a motive - to eliminate everyone else in the house. This motive was probably given to them by someone, and it doesn't seem the slightest bit right to me. Even so, she still felt bad that they had to go through that. I think I did, too.

   I walked out of the bedroom and spotted Kees.

   "Kees," I spoke loudly, "we're so close to the end of this game!"

   Kees smiled and said, "We sure are."

   "I am so sure we will find out who the murderer and mastermind are as a team, right?"

   "Yeah, we will figure out who they are and get out of here."

   I smiled and then went off to finish cleaning.

   Everything went smoothly, then we all went to watch television shows together. What I wasn't aware of though, was that Kees and I were in danger.

   We stayed up after midnight in the room we first met in. We were talking about our suspicions on who the last murderer would be. I wasn't aware that this would be a mistake. We had convinced ourselves that the murderer would probably be eavesdropping, so we whispered. However, that didn't change a thing.

   In the middle of a statement, the lights went out. I wasn't concerned until the door had burst open. This scared the hell out of me, and I had the right to be. I heard running footsteps coming towards me. I could only see in the dark a little bit, so I looked for where the murderer was.

   They were wearing a black hood, so I was barely able to tell where they were. I tried to look for Kees. I couldn't see him anywhere. I was scared, where did he go? The murderer ran past me and made a cut on my arm with a knife. I screamed, and tears started to come out of my eyes. I have never felt this kind of pain before.

   The cut burnt and hurt so badly. It was only a cut though, and I wasn't dying. I have to keep moving, otherwise the murderer will kill me for sure.

   The murderer ran in circles around me, like a predator trying to confuse and catch its prey. This was terrifying. I was almost about to pass out, I couldn't understand what was happening. Why am I a victim, and how do I survive a situation like this?

   The murderer then attempted to pull me down on the floor aggressively, and I fell down really hard. The murderer pulled out their knife and cut my hand. I was going to get murdered. I am helpless.

   The murderer then hovered their knife above my neck. They then mumbled something. Just as they were about to cut off my head, someone grabbed the knife from the murderer and punched them. I couldn't remember what happened after that. Everything hurt, and I am sure that I passed out at that moment.