"I am thinking about the safety of my child," Klaus replies.

"There's an empty apartment block across the street, Klaus. I'm pretty sure that these newly turned hybrids will be able to hear if someone so much as stubs their toe," Rory crosses her arms over her chest. "I'm just saying that you didn't exactly need to have them here."

"Do you have something against the werewolf species? Is that what this is?" Klaus inquires, raising an eyebrow.

"Wha—okay, that's not the point and you know it," Rory raises her finger at him.

"It sounds like it,"

"You're changing the subject,"

"I am not. I'm simply pointing out that perhaps you don't seem to like the werewolves being here because they're werewolves?"

"You are not going to shift the blame because you don't want to admit you're an asshole!" Rory exclaims, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't need to admit what I already know. I don't know why you and Elijah seem to think I have ulterior motives for moving Jackson and Hayley into the compound besides keeping my daughter safe," Klaus huffs. Rory gives him a deadpan stare, cocking an unimpressed eyebrow. Klaus attempts to keep eye contact with her, but he ends up turning away at the very last moment.

"...If you two are done with your little spat," Rebekah speaks again after a moment of tense silence. "Let's just stay focused on what's best for Hope's safety."

"I would like nothing more!" Elijah exclaims, annoyed.

"I am doing exactly that!" Klaus adds at the same time.

Rebekah simply sighs. "Fine. See? You're all on the same team. Conflict resolved; crisis averted. Rory, I am so sorry you have to deal with Nik. Goodbye,"

The three-way call ends abruptly, causing Rory to turn to Klaus with an unimpressed look. "Seriously?" she asks.

"What?" he questions, faux innocence in his tone. "Vampires have a history of not liking werewolves, you know."

"I hate you," Rory rolls her eyes, punching his shoulder as she brushes past him.

Klaus trails after her, noticing that she had her sneakers on. She'd usually have her house slippers on if she wasn't planning on going anywhere, which means that she was leaving the Abattoir for once. Rory had been very hesitant on leaving the compound these past few days, only because of the constant threat of Finn.

"Where are you going?" he inquires.

"To my apartment," Rory responds, barely sparing him a glance. "I'm thinking that I might need to pack up some stuff if Dean and I aren't together anymore. I got the house with him."

"Where are you going to stay if you're moving out?" Klaus frowns.

"I don't know. I'll probably compel myself a place nearby," Rory shrugs, running a hand through her hair. "I haven't exactly thought of it. I've honestly been dreading going back to see him and Sam, but..."

"...The compound is very large, you know," Klaus states, making Rory pause in her step. She turns around to face him, cocking her head. "I mean, you have been sleeping here for a few weeks anyway."

"You have your hands full. You know, with the werewolves," she gestures towards the hybrids who walk amongst them casually.

"Hardly. They're here awaiting my command,"