Chapter 7

Kaylee's POV

I had been standing inside this box for what seemed like an eternity.  My stomach started to grumble and I looked down.

When I had been brought down for "dinner" this isn't exactly what I was expecting and I was starving.

I had been able to hear some muffled commotion and conversation around me for some time and my confusion only seemed to grow at the situation.

My thighs were beginning to ache from standing for so long and my feet were cramping up from the heels.

"Suffer to be beautiful," I whispered to myself, before laughing a little internally.

I don't know why I cared about my appearance in a situation like this, but for some reason I felt the need to present myself well tonight.

The noise outside seemed to disappear quickly and my pulse started to race and questions were running through my head.

Had they forgotten about me?  Was something horrible about to happen?

A few minutes passed by and I started to calm down a little bit.  A bright light shone into my eyes, sensitive from the prolonged darkness.

I realized that the top had been removed from the box and the sides began to fall around me.

I sucked my lip between my teeth nervously.  I felt naked and exposed.

My eyes hadn't adjusted to the light yet and I couldn't see much as I blinked quickly.

As my eyesight improved, my heart rate picked up.  My eyes darted across the room, feeling overwhelmed and trying to take in a lot at once.

I felt lightheaded.  As my eyes peered across the room, I caught sight of the butler that had escorted me down to this room and forced me into the box.  I quickly moved my gaze to see the man that had originally brought me here, William.

William was standing at the head of the table, but his eyes were focused in front of him.

I followed his gaze and my eyes took in two people I had never seen before. 

My eyes focused on a guy sitting at the table.  He was wearing a pressed black suit with a red tie that matched my dress.  His dark hair was gelled back.  My eyes scanned his face to see a sharp jawline and plump pink lips.  My eyes drifted up to meet his piercing gray ones and I realized he was also staring at me.

I felt drawn into his gaze as he looked into my eyes and somehow, my heartbeat seemed to increase even more.

I didn't want to look away, but I could feel another set of eyes on me.  I tore myself away from his gray eyes to meet an identical set next to him.

My lips parted as my eyes began to trace an identical jawline, identical lips, and identical eyes.

Although at first glance, both looked identical, I quickly noticed some differences as I looked between the two.

The second man's appearance was much more rowdy than the first. His suit looked expensive, but not freshly pressed like the other's. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned with no tie and his hair looked softer and a little messier with the lack of gel. Unlike the first man, he didn't seem as shocked and the side of his lips began to turn up into a smirk.

I looked at his eyes nervously, as I started to see a change on his face.

He looked away from me to look at the first man and then over to William.

The silence was cut as his deep voice said, "So..." His eyes trailed back to the man seated next to him, "Which one of us gets her first."

My heart sank and a small gasp escaped my lips as the words left his mouth.

I was beyond terrified by the situation, but he looked back at me and the eye contact made my heart do the slightest flutter.

I looked between both men and tried to bury the slightest bit of excitement from the attraction.  I was so screwed...