Smile Even Though The Painkiller Didn't Work

"Now, let's clean up a bit here, shall we?"

The muscles on his right hand is working to crush Sougo's head. A cracking sound could be hear before a painful scream coming out from the sadist's mouth.

"O-oi..." Kagura weakly trying to reach her hand towards the two of them.

Another crack.
Another pitch of scream enveloping the whole room.
Another chains of laughter.

"Stop it... Stop... LET GO OF HIM!"

~•~●~•~●~•~●~•~●~•~
Chapter 7 : Smile Even Though The Painkiller Didn't Work

No... I can't just laying down here.

I don't want to see anyone hurting because of me.

I don't want to lose anyone again.

I need to move... Move. MOVE. MOVE.

A loud crash can be heard inside the big metal room. Riku was confused by the empty feeling in his hand and the sting he felt on his stomach.

What happened?

He looked at his hand before seeing an unfamiliar expression in front of him come from the woman he loves.

"Kagura... chan?"

Then finally Riku realizes that he had been hit by the vermillion girl. Feeling something odd about the girl, he hurries to get up straight on his feet but he was too slow another punch reaches his right cheek.

It didn't hurt the man that much. But the shock of being hit by the supposed to be paralyzed girl, made him fell down again and took a rain of punches on his beautiful face. It stopped until the girl is satified and then he could finally see her expression clearly.

She's smiling.

But not her usual cheerful smile.

He doesn't like this smile at all.

"Kagura-chan? Are you okay?" Riku said, worried over the girl, but she said nothing as she jump from the man.

Riku stand up on his feet again. He didn't know what to do. He doesn't even understand what happen.

Did... Did Kagura-chan snap? Is this what they call the real Yato blood?

Is this... what a real Yato looks like?

A smile formed on Riku's face.

"Kagura-chan! As I thought, you are the best!"

Kagura lept towards the smilling man, a fist is ready to hit him. But he didn't move a bit until a big clash happen between them.

Riku successfully holding onto Kagura's punch with his own hand. Kagura quickly use her other hand to attack his face and again, it was blocked.

Their strength were equal. Although they put out all of their power, nobody was moving.

"Heheh, I'm not like I'm used to anymore. I could fight like a true Yato now." Riku continue to laugh on his own, "I can stand by your side equally now!"

Seeing this fight going nowhere, Kagura quickly headbutt Riku and, before he could do anything, tackled his feet. Riku made a spin on the floor after he fell down, avoiding Kagura's third attack, and made a distance between them.

Without even stopping to breathe, Riku launch towards Kagura. Kagura took a clean hit on her face but she didn't move an inch and stab Riku's wounded shoulder with the same blade that took him out earlier. The man fall down immedietely in pain. It seems like the drug he consumed cannot erase the pain completely.