Elton John #3

Requested by the lovely theMusicgirl22 She started a new book about Weird Al Yankovic and it's simply amazing! Go read it!

Also, I thought I wouldn't be updating tonight but here we are. I'm not gonna update tomorrow tho lol.

My eyes immediately shifted to the 'B' section of the store, looking to see if I could spot 'Help' by The Beatles as soon as I walked through the door. I began to walk over there as Elton stayed behind and began to search in the 'H' section for Bill Haley.

As I hurried over to the section I could hear the sounds of records shifting behind me, a result of people looking through them, seeing if they could find the one they wanted.

The record store was a fairly big place for somewhere downtown. They had different shelves filled with all kinds of different records you could imagine. It even had other things such as books, and vintage clothing, etc. It was also very colorful, with many different band posters hung against the walls of the store.

I even spotted one poster from Elton's most recent tour, which made me wonder if while we were out, my best friend was going to be spotted. But as I took a quick glance around the store, I realized that there weren't half as many people compared to other place's we'd been so he'd probably be okay for now. Although a restaurant, where we planned to go after this, would be a whole different story.

Once I reached the records I began filing through them, looking for the album cover with the four boys spelling out 'Help.' (I read somewhere they don't actually spell HELP on the cover but I forget what they actually spell lmao)

However as the time went on, I couldn't find it. Really all they had were Bob Dylan's 'The Freewheelin,' which I already had, some Beach Boys, and a couple others with other B named artists who I had no clue who they were. To be honest, I wasn't really sure why Dylan was in the 'B' section for it should be based on last names, but it didn't matter. All the 'Help' records were probably all sold out by now.

I was pretty surprised, considering this store usually had the records I was looking for, not many people knowing about it.

But I could wait, it's not like I needed the record now. I would probably just browse some more until Elton was ready to leave and go eat.

I wandered over to the 'P' section, maybe hoping to find some Elvis. It wasn't like I needed any more Elvis, for I already had the whole collection hanging around my house in various places.

Then suddenly I remembered the 'New Arrivals' section that I had discovered a week about a week ago last time I came here. It was just a little section with not many records in it, but it had some potential for finding new and in good condition albums. It was where I found Bob Dylan's new, 'Highway 61 Revisited' that had only come out a couple of months ago.

And it's where I'm hoping I'll find 'Help.' It is a new album, I thought to myself as I walked over there and began shuffling through the different records wedged into the small space.

"Awesome," I mumbled to myself as I found the record I had been looking for.

The 'New Arrivals' section was really working for me. I needed to go there more often.

"(Y/N)!" I heard someone shout my name from behind me. I turned around to see Elton, holding up a Bill Haley record next to his face and giving me the biggest smile while pointing at it.

I laughed as he started to walk over towards me. "I also found mine," told him while holding it up.

"Hm, looks like we both got lucky today." He chuckled and looked at me with wide, but happy eyes.

"Yeah, I guess so," I blushed.

While he was looking in the section next to me which happened to be 'W' for who knows what, I couldn't help but stare. He really was handsome. And the way he laughed and always smiled, made my stomach grow butterflies. Elton made me happier and for some reason I found myself always wanting to spend time with him.

Oh my god.

What the hell did I just think of?

I said I liked Reggie as a friend, but now I didn't know. I had just thought of those things without even thinking why I thought them.

Now my mind was racing back and forth. Should I tell him or wait? I thought. I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Maybe it was just a crush, maybe I'd get over it. Maybe—

My mind stopped over-thinking as Elton exclaimed something out of nowhere. "Aw Brian will love this!" He said while holding up The Who's 'My Generation' record towards me.

Wait, Brian? Who's Brian? My mind started up.

"Who's Brian?" I asked while I swallowed, speaking my thoughts.

"Oh!" It looked like he had just remembered something. "I forgot to tell you about him."

"Oh." I squeaked out. "Who is he?" Probably just a friend.

"Brian's my boyfriend," His voice hushed into a whisper and I soon understood what he was saying.

Boyfriend. Elton's boyfriend. It came out of nowhere, but as I went over the time we spent together, it somehow all started to click. Well, I definitely wasn't telling him how I felt now.

"Boyfriend," I repeated to myself while putting on an accepting look.

"Yeah. That's alright, right?" His eyes flashed with anxiety.

Of course it was, this had no reason to change things.

"Of course," I smiled and gave him a small hug as we went up to the cash register and paid for our records.

A/n: I included the Beatles because I know Kristen loves them. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)