Glenn Frey #1 (Eagles)

Bruh, I literally love the Eagles and Glenn Frey so much, I can't believe I haven't wrote abt any of the members. Much less him.

Also, I might've just watched 'History of The Eagles' for like the fifteenth time but idk.

  "I've hated you ever since we were kids,"

  "Until tonight?"

  "Well, not quite. But still, why would you do that?"

  You would've never thought in a million years that you be smoking a blunt with your childhood enemy. Yet, here you were, that dream being fulfilled. Only this time around, it included the prospect of laying on top of a roof, looking at the different stars above you.

  The man beside you passed the joint and you took a drag, desperately trying to hold onto sanity that was lost tonight.

"Why?" It was you who muttered this phrase, yet he still wouldn't answer.

"It was spur of the moment," He lied while you passed the object back to him. "We were both drunk and dancing, and I don't know, I just felt the need to do it."

"Yeah, cause that makes sense. Your whole life you've disregarded and hated me but the two minutes spent on the dance floor changed your opinion, huh?" You spoke rather hastily.

"It was more than two minutes," The joint was passed back to you.

"Whatever," You blew out the smoke from your lips. "It still isn't clicking."

Silence ascended over your heads and Glenn eventually put out the joint beside him once it had gotten too small. Your hands now rested on your stomach as you stared up at the sky.

"What time is it?" The man was first to speak after a few minutes.

"I have no fucking clue," You said and rubbed your eyes, obviously tired and weary from all that had happened. "It's time for you to get a watch."

You could hear Glenn slightly chuckle from beside you. "You really in a joking mood?"

  "Well when you kissed me out of nowhere, how couldn't I be?" Sarcasm was in every part of your sentence.

  "It's not like you didn't enjoy it," Glenn mumbled.

  You turned to raise an eyebrow at him. "Like you said, it was a spur of the moment thing. If you wanna play like that, I'll go by your rules as well."

  "So if some random guy came up and kissed you, you'd wrap your arms around his neck and through his hair?" He questioned.

  "Doesn't matter. One, no one would do that, and two, you're not a random guy, Glenn."

  "Which proves my point, (Y/N)," He copied your tone.

  "What point were you trying to prove?" You asked, not even bothering to turn your head and stare.

"That you actually fucking enjoyed the kiss,"

"Not when it was coming from you,"

"Well, what I'm trying to say is that you enjoyed it when we were out there. Maybe not now, but you can't deny that you liked it at the time." He spoke.

  "So what do you want me to say? That you're a good kisser? Because I'm surely there are plenty of other girls to vouch for the fact that you're not," You rolled your eyes and could practically feel him roll his.

  "I want you to admit that you liked it. Not now, but when it actually happened,"

  "Fine," You answered, arms crossed over your chest. "It wasn't the worst thing in the world."

  "Thank you," He said in satisfaction.

  "But that still doesn't answer the question of why you did it? We've hated each other ever since we were born. You knew it was me out there."

  The second sentence was true. Your entire life you had been around Glenn Frey, and your entire life had been spent trying to one-up him. It was constantly a competition, one in which little battles often ended with someone getting hurt. You had always tried to defeat him, but always failed, and he did the same. You never even liked to acknowledge each other unless it was to fight.

  That was until this party, where the two of you had ended up on the dance floor, and your lips found his.

  "Like I said, spur of the moment," He replied as if it was nothing.

  "That doesn't explain anything. You don't give nearly enough detail,"

  "I-" He tried to speak but you interrupted him.

  "One moment on the dance floor does not make up for twenty years of hatred, and you know it, Frey," You made a point.

  "Yeah, I fucking know," He said sarcastically, sitting up so that he looked down upon you.

  Not for long, however, because you did the same as him, meeting his eye level.

  "So what prompted it? Did you act with your dick, with your head, or with your heart?"

  "I've never heard it put like that," He stated and laughed a bit, causing you to smile as well.

  "Well, it's a good way of putting it. So tell me."

  "Have you ever heard that expression-" He procrastinated reaching his answer.

  "Oh my fucking god, pick one!" You hastily interrupted.

  "I'm getting to it, if you'd let me finish!"

  So you sat in silence, waiting for what he had to say.

  "Have you ever heard that expression that a boy teases, or makes fun of a girl because he likes her?" He asked.

  "Yeah, but I'm not sure how accurate that is."

  "Pretty accurate, since that's how I've felt my entire life." He stated and stared down at the shingles on the roof.

  "Wow," You began to realize what his simple sentence had meant, not expecting that answer.

  "So I guess..." He threw his hands up weirdly in the air and you smiled. Maybe from the weed, or maybe from instinct, but you weren't sure. "I guess I acted with my heart, because at that exact moment, it seemed like the right thing to do."

"The right thing?" You asked.

"The right thing." He confirmed.

"Does this seem like the right thing?"

"Huh?" He was confused, but not for long since you had leaned in and gently grabbed both sides of his face, planting your lips upon his.

Instantly, you felt both him, and yourself sink into the kiss, running your hands through each other's hair and intertwining your lips even more. It seemed like the right thing to you, but for him, well, you didn't quite know.

You pulled away to know. "It sure does," He smiled.

And you had finally gotten your answer.

A/n: Okay, but this was actually kind of really cute to write. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)