Pete Townshend #4 (The Who)

Okay so, I'm reading Who I Am (Townshend's autobiography) right now, so this is basically something that happened in his life but it's like a girl is inserted into it. (So selfish lol). Enjoy!

Kit: The Who's manager

The man paced around his hotel room, violently opening and closing cabinets and drawers, desperately trying to find something, anything that contained alcohol, anything that would calm him down easily.

His breathing hitched and his mind raced with the thought of what he had encountered earlier, seeing Kit practically throw him away and under the bus like a piece of garbage, and then the brick wall of the window hitting his face all too soon, startled by the fact that he could have seen him eavesdropping.

He had no idea what to do now that their relationship as manager and band member was spiritually over. He would have gone home to cool off, but that was impossible, since the entire band was across the sea, recording new and useless tracks. So instead, he went back to his hotel room and instantly turned to drinking. But that was impossible for him to do since nothing of substance could be found. Or at least not yet.

"Dammit," He muttered to himself as he opened yet another cabinet and slammed it shut after seeing that it had nothing to calm his nerves.

However, instead of looking for more, he stepped back from the items and sat on the bed in the hotel room. He took a deep, shaky breath as the tears began to pool in his eyes and the blood from his nose that he didn't bother to dry, dripped onto his shirt. But his mind didn't care, for all it could focus on was the awful situation that he despised so much. Nothing else mattered.

And then there was a knock at the door.

  He ran both hands through his hair and let it sit in a pulled back style. Lifting himself from the bed and walking to the door, he dabbed a bit at his eyes, trying to make them a little more dry. However, there was no use in stopping his nose.

   He pulled open the door and there revealed the girl he wanted to see, yet wanted to go away all at the same time. He wasn't sure if she was an angel coming to help him, or the devil leading him into more trouble.

   She was the first to speak, right after observing all the things of substance and emotions pouring out of the man'a face. "Pete, you look like hell,"

   He rolled his eyes at the statement and closed the door after she invited herself inside. "Why are you here?" He asked.

  "Because I heard what happened," She explained and walked towards him, touching her hand to his face and observing his nose that was still bleeding and now beginning to bruise. "We need to get you cleaned up." She finished.

   Pete was quick to remove her hand from his cheek, stepping back from her body and responding to her statement. "(Y/N), I'm fine," He lied. "Just go, you can't help me."

   "Don't talk like that," She mumbled. "Let me stay for a little bit, I can help you."

   "Please," He replied sarcastically. "If you want to help me, go out a buy me a beer. That'll help me the most."

   The girl sighed and looked at him, her eyes flickering all around his face, looking for both a sign of healing, mentally and emotionally. All she could find though, was coldness in his own eyes, which was most likely the result of the mood swings that had happened and were going to continue to happen.

   "Come with me," She said before grabbing his hand gently and leading him into the bathroom.

Once the two had entered the bathroom, the girl opened the cabinet next to the mirror, and pulling out some tissue, along with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball, she set the items on the counter and stood in front of Pete, pulling him to be directly in front of her. She reached for the tissue and held it up to his nose, attempting to stop the bleeding. But once her arm began to fall tired, she sat on the counter of the sink and adjusted herself to where she would be comfortable.

Although Pete wasn't enjoying what was happening, he let the girl do it, for he knew it was what he needed. However, instead of letting her hold the tissue against the end of his nose, he decided he would hold it up himself, letting her clean off other parts of his face.

  "Pete, you've got a nasty cut on your cheek," She spoke up, dipping the cotton ball in alcohol and preparing to hold it up to his face. "This is going to hurt a little bit, but it shouldn't be too bad."

As if on cue, Pete hissed as the alcohol touched his open cut, pulling back slightly but let the girl continue to wipe it full of bacteria.

"How did you even get this?" She asked. "What exactly happened?"

   "I was eavesdropping," He admitted, knowing that he wasn't going to avoid the lies. "On Kit."

   "Yeah, I knew that," She said and re-dabbed the cotton-ball in the rubbing alcohol. "But how did you get all the cuts? And what did Kit say? He wouldn't tell me."

   "You talked to Kit?" Pete questioned and looked a bit taken-back as she nodded her head. "Well, what happened is that I went to go see him to talk about the album. Next thing I knew, I could hear him talking all this shit about me from a mile away!" He paused and threw his hands up in exclamation. "So when I got there, I just sat next to the wall and listened. Then, he saw me and I had to rush to get away. That's when I ran into the brick wall."

"Yikes, Pete," The girl said and threw the cotton ball down beside her, also closing the bottle of alcohol. She was finished cleaning Pete up, much to his relief. "What did he say about you?"

The man sighed and scratched his head, looking at the girl from the spot that she still sat upon on the counter. He wondered why all of a sudden he was telling her all of this when all he wanted at the beginning, was beer.

"That I was being too controlling. And that I was ruining his job for him."

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow. "How could you even be ruining his job? He's the manager and you're the musician. No similarities there."

"That's what I thought," He responded. "But it doesn't really matter what he said because I'm still going to have to work with him."

"You can't fire him?"

"Roger, Keith, and John wouldn't understand,"

"Ah," She understood, and Pete could tell. "I'm sure you can get through it. At least until you get back home. But even if you can't, you still have me." She joked.

"Yeah, I do," He smiled and a moment of silence fell over them. "And thanks for coming over here and helping me out." He finished.

"No problem. What would you do without me?" She grinned and joked, but to Pete it didn't seem like much less than the truth.

"I really don't know," His voice lowered and his eyes met the girl's. "You are amazing."

"Thanks," She blushed and looked down at the ground. However, this only lasted for a second since the man was leaning in to meet her lips, kissing her with happiness.

She was a bit shocked at first, but instantly gave into the feeling and started to kiss him back, placing her hand on his cheek and letting her tongue begin to explore his lips.

The two pulled back for air for only a second, and then resumed very quickly, the kiss getting more intense. Pete had put his hand on the inside of the girl's thigh from where she still remained on the counter, and slowly pushed her back to where he was almost on top of her, both of them loving every second spent.

"Don't you think we should get somewhere more comfortable, before we start to do...things on the bathroom counter?" The girl interrupted and gestured to the bed in the hotel room.

The man laughed at her choice of words but agreed. "Okay," He replied, but instead of letting the girl get down to walk to the bedroom, he carried her and laid her down on the bed, climbing on top of her and instantly picking up where they left off.

For the rest of the night, they enjoyed each other's company, and not once did Kit ever enter Pete's mind. He couldn't have been more thankful for the girl, and now he had a chance to show it.

A/n: Got a little smutty at the end, I love Pete a lot. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)