Tom Petersson #1 (Cheap Trick)

Requested by expensive_trick

I'm at the beach right now and I am so excited! I love the beach so much.

   "Thank you and goodnight," You spoke into the mic and played the last chord on your guitar.

   You had just played an hour long show with your band, opening for the band  Cheap Trick who would come on to face the crowd just an hour later. But for the past hour, the stage was yours and you loved it.

   Before walking off the stage, you smiled at the crowd one last time, feeling the high energy radiate off your body and through the stadium, the best feeling you could possibly feel.

  Next, heading off the stage, you spotted the person you wanted to see the most, copying your smile but adding a bit of a smirk. He shared the same happiness in his eyes and proudness that you felt when your roles were reversed. You began to run over to him and jumped in his arms.

   He pulled you in tight for a hug and gave you a light kiss on the lips, but pulled back instantly and let you go, for neither of you wanted to be seen.

  As much as you both supported and loved each other for the three months you had been together, no one else knew about your relationship. Something about a big time star from a big time band, dating a normal girl from a less well known band didn't seem like it would go so well with others in the midst of all the craziness of tour. There would never be a right time to speak of it.

   However, that didn't stop the two of you from still seeing each other and spending as much time as you could in private. You just always had to be careful. Much more careful than any past relationship you had been in.

   "That was fantastic," Tom spoke up and drew you out of your thoughts, giving you a slight smile. "And you," He emphasized. "Did amazing."

   "Thank you," You grin and blush, looking down at your feet. "But I'm sure you're going to do even better."

   "Mm, I don't know. That was pretty tough to beat,"

   "Oh, I doubt it," You said right before Tom changed the subject.

   "Let's go backstage and talk with the other guys before our show," He spoke and took your hand, guiding you to backstage.

   As you began to walk, you noticed how the two of you were holding hands, and you wondered if anyone would notice the gesture. You piped up about your question and were given a mostly-realistic, quick answer.

   "Tom," You began and lowered your voice to a whisper. "What if someone sees us?" You asked and motioned downwards to your hands.

   He glanced at your hands as well and shrugged. "To hell with it," He admitted proudly and you grinned.

   "Okay,"

   "I'm serious," He responded to your action. "I'm the bassist, they can't kick me out."

   "Maybe not, but I'm a different story," You corresponded, making the man shrug again.

   "They won't fire you, I'll make sure of it," Tom said with confidence.

   "Alright then,"

   It was long after that the two of you had entered backstage and your hands released, although still looking at each other. You followed Tom through the various people in the room, in which he lead you to a single couch, worn out and dry, that had the rest of Cheap Trick sitting on it. The three of them looked up at the both of you and you stood their awkwardly, waiting as they began to talk to you.

   "Great show tonight, (Y/N)," Robin spoke first and was joined by Rick, who mumbled an agreement.

  "Yeah," He said and you nodded.

  "Thank you,"

   And then silence fell over the group, which was very rare from this band, who was always talking to each other, teasing, and yelling. But tonight, or at least when Tom and you had stepped into the room, it stopped. And you wondered why.

   Apparently, Tom wondered the same thing, for he gave you a glance from beside you, to see if you knew what was going on. You gave him the same look back to say that you didn't know.

   This continued for a couple of minutes, both you and Tom absolutely confused. It wasn't until Robin piped up once again, to let you know why they were so silent.

   "So, how long have you guys been together?"

   You and Tom turned to each other, wide-eyed and began to wonder how they found out. And instantly began to deny it.

   "We're not-" You started and stammered.

   "Together," Tom finished and laughed like it was nothing. "That's ridiculous, we'd never be together."

   You knew he was speaking lies, but you nodded your head to the others and agreed with him.

   "I saw you two," Robin finished. And you knew you couldn't lie. "After (Y/N)'s performance. And what you did, certainly makes it seem like you two are in a relationship."

   "Okay," You admitted, and Tom looked at you. "Yeah, we're together. But we didn't mean for it to ruin the band or anything, and-"

   "(Y/N)," Robin interrupted. "You guys aren't going to ruin the band or the tour. Whatever happens between you guys is your business and frankly, I don't care about it."

   "Well, alright then," Tom said and turned to you. "That was easier than I thought it would be."

  "Yeah," You agree and laugh, before Tom grabbed your waist and pulled you in for a kiss in front of the others.

   "Ew," You could hear in the background. "Get a room!"

   "Maybe we will," Tom responded after pulling back and smiling, looking into your eyes and knowing that everything would be alright.

A/n: Idk about that. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)