Duff McKagan #1 (Guns N' Roses)

For Tolkienite3791

Work hadn't always been this hard, or at least you didn't remember it to be that difficult. But lately it had been. And you didn't know how much more of it you could take.

It seemed as if everything just piled on you lately. Not just the amount of paperwork you had, (although that was making quite a stack as well) but all the problems that came in day after day. And every single time, you were the only one left to solve them, with no help whatsoever.

You were overtired, no doubt about it. And to make things even worse, you had no one to come home to at night, to tell your problems to.

Usually, you would have your boyfriend Duff, but he was out on tour with his band, Guns N' Roses.

He was world-famous, having the time of his life without you. And you missed him terribly. You didn't know when he was coming home, and all you wanted to do was be with him. Even though being famous was not the life you wanted to live, anything sounded better than what you were doing at the moment.

However, now, you were just thankful to be home. Sitting in your car, you opened the door, got out and walked up to the door leading to your apartment.

Very tired, you slowly pulled the keys to you apartment out of the pocket in your jeans. Wearily, you leaned one hand against the wall and jiggled open the lock attached to your door over and over again until it opened.

The door was halfway open, and you were halfway through the frame, before a voice called out from behind you, making you stop dead in your tracks.

   "Hi," It wearily called out, sounding just as tired as you were.

   For a second you contemplated whether or not you should just go inside and make a run for it, or turn around to see who it was.

   But after a second, you realized you knew that voice. That was the voice you longed to hear for so long, the person who you longed to see for what had seemed like forever. It was the person you wanted to see the most.

  Duff.

  You immediately turned around and before you even gave the chance for Duff to say another word, you jumped on him, and tackled him to the ground.

  He laughed and fell to the ground, with you on top of him.

   "You may be a lot taller than me," You grinned. "But I can still tackle you."

   You stopped talking at once, and started to kiss him, missing the way his lips felt on yours, and how he smelled, and just everything about him, for it had been too long.

   "I missed you," He breathed, once you pulled away, your noses still touching. "I really, really missed you."

   "You have no idea," You whispered, starting to kiss him all over his face. "Never leave again."

   "Well," He began, not leaving the spot you were both in. "That's what I wanted to ask you."

   You stopped kissing him and waited for him to ask you the question he had in mind.

   "How would you like to come on tour with me?" He asked, a nervous yet excited glimmer in his eye.

   You only hesitated for a slight second before telling him your answer. "Yes," You told him. "Yeah of course!" You eagerly replied.

   "I love you," He whispered, excitedly, before pulling you closer to him for another kiss.

   And who would've known that a bad work day would turn into one of the best moments of your life.

Author's Note: I'm not sure if I like this, but I think it's okay for now. Next I'm going to write either a Paul Simonon one or Brian Jones so stay tuned for that. (I have ideas for both). -Liz :)