Elton John #2

Requested by theMusicgirl22

Based off a scene in Rocketman, however, it is not totally accurate because I can't remember all the details and I don't feel like looking them up. Also, it's more dragged out than the normal scene.

"Elton?!" You heard someone yell and bang on a door as you turned the corner.

You raised an eyebrow and walked closer to where the sound was coming from, since it was the only thing you could hear over the other muffled noises backstage.

This entire scene was new to you, but so far, the backstage scene was one you enjoyed. Your best friend, Elton, was playing tonight but he seemed to go missing and you didn't know where he was. But the loud banging seemed to answer your question.

"Elton!" You heard the yelling again, but this time, you saw it belonged to a person as you turned the corner and appeared at the sight.

There stood Bernie, Elton's songwriting partner, at the bathroom stall. He was banging on the door very, very loudly and you could only guess that the person on the other side of the door was Reggie.

"What's going on?" You asked after showing up at Bernie's side and him giving you a sigh of relief.

"(Y/N)," He paused. "Thank god you're here."

   "And why am I here?" You questioned while Bernie leaned against the wall next to the bathroom door.

   "Because, ELTON," Bernie raised his voice to let Elton know they were talking about him. "Won't come out of the bathroom stall, and he has a show to do in TEN MINUTES!"

   "I'm not coming out!" Elton said from the other side of the stall. "I can't do a show tonight!"

   "God," The songwriter mumbled to himself and threw his hands up in the air. "He refuses to play because there are a few important people out there and-"

   "There are not just 'a few important people' out there!" The musician argued from behind the stall. "Leon Russell, Neil Diamond, and the fucking Beach Boys are out there! And I can't play in front of them, I just can't!"

   "Yes, you can!" You protested. "You've played several-thousand times and have done amazing! What difference do a few people make?!"

   "A huge one!" He yelled and this time you joined Bernie in sighing and throwing your hands up, seeming as though he was the master of it.

  At this point, Ray (I think that's his name, but I might have heard wrong) walked up to the both of you and instantly asked what was happening, more confused than ever.

   "Reggie won't come-" You began to speak but were interrupted by Elton on the other side.

   "It's Elton!" He yelled and corrected.

   "Oh yeah, well no one's gonna call you Elton if you just sit in there and never make a name for yourself!" You yelled back and he shut up.

   "Elton," Ray interjected and banged on the door himself. "You have to get out there and play."

   "I can't!" He yelled. "I can't play in front of those people!"

   "Well, you signed a contract and Dick's paid your fucking airfare!" Ray screamed in response. "Now get out there and play, you little twat!"

   All of sudden, to your surprise, it was quiet on the other side of the stall before you heard it open up reluctantly, the person you had all been waiting for, standing right by it.

   Elton, being a lot taller than you now that he was wearing heels, looked back and forth from to the three people that had just spent the last five minutes yelling at him before he spoke.

   "Well come on then," He said like it was nothing, leaving you behind to go get on stage.

   You laughed in frustration and threw your hands in the air right before you followed Bernie and Ray to the side of the stage, waiting to see what would happen.

   Turned out, that night was the best you had ever seen Elton play. The minute he stepped onto the stage and hit the first key on his piano, you knew that he would be amazing. And that he would definitely make a name for himself.

   And hell, he almost didn't even make it out on that stage. But thank god he did.

A/n: Pretty short but I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)