Apology [2x17]

Her hair was curled just a little bit more than usual, her dark red lipstick was burning on her lips and she had used an extra touch of mascara to make her eyes pop out. This wasn't just every other day to Alice Cooper. For fact, the following hours there was no Cooper. Just Alice. And why was that? To thank the person that risked his own freedom, his own life, to keep hers and her daughter's safe.

With the dark make-up on her face not many people would recognize her or tell her that this look was so unlike her. Everyone knew her with the pastel colours and the light pink lipstick. That was who she had become and who she had been for the past decades. 

But that wasn't how the man she was about to visit had known her. He'd say that he finally recognized her. Or actually, the version of her she used to be. She knew for fact that the lipstick was going to drive him wild and that was exactly what she was going for.

To leave no doubt about her intentions Alice had popped open the buttons of her snakeskin blouse enough to show her breasts, who were tightly embraced in her push-up bra. It was as if she was seventeen years old again, dressing herself up to impress a certain Serpent. 

If she was being honest, it was a look she wasn't used to anymore, but it felt like nothing had changed. The Serpent inside her was still there and she was going to show that he was right – Snakes don't shed their skin so easily. Though, tonight they would.

She had just thanked the young Serpents all by herself for protecting her family against Darla and her crew, but a weak apology like that wasn't going to work for the Serpent King. If something became clear to her these last weeks it was that he'd do anything for her, including hiding dead bodies that he didn't need to be involved with in the first place, while all she had done was trash him in the Register for decades. He'd go to the ends of the earth for her and it was her time to thank him for that. And she knew exactly how.

Her heels scraped over the gravel that led to his doorstep, which was a feeling that had been away for a long time. She used to walk here with her black boots, or even with her bare feet in the summer, but her heels had never made an appearance on the gravel. Still, it was part of the Alice she was now and so she powered through instead of listening to the sound that told her that she didn't belong in Sunnyside.

Alice took a deep breath as she looked at the door that she was about to knock on, collecting all her confidence before she walked up the steps of his porch. No turning back now. This was something she had to do. She owed this to herself and most importantly, she owed him a thank you. She was just going to do it her own way.

Three knocks followed and she held her breath as she waited for someone to open. For a moment she thought he wasn't home, but then she heard the doorknob move, followed by him pulling it open. 

His face betrayed that he hadn't expect her to show up, but when he looked at her and noticed the way she was dressed a soft grin appeared on his face. Alice expression hadn't changed. Her piercing blue eyes just looked right through him. It wasn't as if she wanted to keep quiet, but she knew that the second she'd talk her voice would betray her nerves.

So, instead of saying something she decided to keep up her act of confidence and walked past him and made her way to the left side of his trailer. In the corner of her eyes she saw him smirking the way he always used to do, and he grabbed the gum out of his mouth to throw it outside. Alice smiled to herself, knowing exactly what that meant. He knew what she was coming for and by the look on his face she figured that he was willing to give it to her.

"Is everything okay, Alice?" He asked her suspiciously, as she turned out to face him.

FP was almost sure what her intentions were to come here today, but part of him was still thinking he might have picked up the wrong signals. In all fairness, there had been a lot of tension between them the last couple of months, but that wasn't too strange in their situation.