Kryptonite

''Yes, of course both of you are welcome here. Are you on your way yet?'' Jughead asked his girlfriend at the other side of the phone. It was after eleven pm already, but she had called him in a rush as they were looking for a place to stay that night.

''Do you need anything? Can we do something for you?'' He asked her worriedly as Betty had just explained what had gone down that night. She didn't have the time to properly tell him all the details of that night, so it was one big blur for him so he needed to wait patiently for them to return to the Jones residence on Elm Street.

''I think we're okay, Jug. My mom has a few injuries but that's about it. We'll see you in a bit. Charles is driving us your way. Is your dad okay with us staying the night?'' Betty asked him as she stared out of the car window before she focused back on her half brother and her mother sitting in the front. They were awfully silent, so she was well aware of the fact that her voice was the only thing in the car that was present.

''Yes, it's totally fine. This is your home too, you know that.'' His voice turned a little softer as he hoped that even when his mother had bought her old home, that nothing would ever change about her being welcome there. He still felt weird about the idea of him now living in the place she grew up in, but she was practically always with them and he didn't want that to ever change.

''Thanks, Jug. I love you.'' She smiled a little to herself as she got reminded once again how lucky she was to have a boyfriend like him. He was always there to have her back, even with organ harvesting cults chasing her and her mother.

''Love you too.'' He answered her, the same smile appearing on his face. He hang up the phone and looked at his father, who sat on the couch and had followed the conversation he had with his girlfriend as he understood that it concerned him.

''What's going on?'' He asked curious as he tried to read the answer in his son's eyes. He had a lazy movie night planned but it looked like that was about to change as Jughead started to explain what he and Betty had been talking about.

''Apparently Betty and Alice took down Edgar Evernever and the Farm tonight. They would tell us the whole story later, but I she mentioned that Alice shot him.'' Jughead said, letting out the breath he had been holding in. He had no clue what his girlfriend had been part of today, and he felt guilty about the fact that he hadn't been there to protect her.

''Luckily it's all over now.'' He sighed as he sat down on the couch next to his father, who was staring into space as he processed the information. As far as FP was concerned Alice had been deep into the Farm, standing right behind Edgar Evernever and his beliefs, but now he heard that she had been the one to kill him.

''Did you know Alice is a FBI informant? It turned out she has been investigating them for a while now.'' Jughead gazed into the eyes of his father, trying to read if he aware of this fact, but the growing confusion told him that he was clueless.

If he hadn't known about Alice's role as the mole in the Farm then he wouldn't know about Charles either. Betty told him they were coming this way, which would mean that Charles was going to face his dad for the first time, and his dad was going to face the son he thought he was dead. It wasn't his place to tell, even when the words were burning on his lips. If someone was telling him tonight it should be Alice, he reminded himself.

''No, I had no idea.'' FP said quietly, as he broke the eye contact with his son and stared down at the floor. Suddenly the woman he thought he knew so well turned out to be someone different, someone with a big secret she had never trusted him enough for to tell.

He was the one who screwed up, who broke both their hearts, but it still felt like someone stabbed him in his heart as he found out about her undercover mission. He could have helped her, they could have been a strong team. Did she lie to him everytime he asked her about the Farm? Did she make up stories about how the Farm turned her life around so she finally could be happy? Did she lie to him when she told him that it was the Farm who opened her up to the idea of letting someone in again?