The Journal

Alice wanted to refuse his offer but as long as Charles hadn't found her a proper house she would have had nowhere to go. Betty already felt at home since all her stuff was moved to the Jones house more than a month ago when she stared living with them. Alice wasn't a fan of the arrangement but as long as her and FP wouldn't go at each other's throats it would be fine. Thinking of the fact that she would get out of there as soon as possible made her decide to move her stuff.

Knowing Alice it was a lot – and oh it was. She had lots of her stuff back in the storage but the first thing she had brought back to her old home was a proper dining table – no way she was going to eat breakfast at that dusty pool table. She wasn't even surprised that Gladys had moved that thing into her living room. She only heard what happened with her through Betty. Alice didn't feel the need to discuss it with FP any further.

Besides the dining table the living room was decorated in a way she could live with. It was way too much trouble to move all her stuff back so she decided to only grab the things most useful and worthy to her.

So there she was, making both Charles, Betty and FP carrying her stuff upstairs now, towards the bedroom. Of course they didn't want her to do it by herself so each one of them offered to help out. 

Neither Charles or Betty was stupid so they could all feel the tension between their parents. Most of the time they had given each other a cold shoulder. Maybe it was the best for them to not see each other that much today.

''FP, why don't you put these boxes away already?'' Charles said more as a statement than as a question, to get Alice and FP away for a moment so both of them would relax. If they didn't, one of them would snap at some point. Charles didn't know that, but Betty had warned him for it. The only reason she agreed with them living there together was because she didn't want to be separated from her mom again.

Of course FP knew this was only to keep them apart for a while. He couldn't even disagree with them. He had so many things on his mind that he wanted to say to her, but as long as she wasn't ready to have a conversation with him he wouldn't push her. Maybe he wasn't ready too. She had been hiding their son again for the second time in his life. A part of him was genuinely hurt by that. He really wanted to be soft towards her but somehow they were just like fire and ice together. Two opposites but both deadly in a total different way.

FP nodded in agreement and took over the box that was in Charles' hands. He subconsciously sighed but Betty and Charles noticed it. She had known him for a while now but it wasn't her place to talk to him about what was going on between him and her mother. 

She had asked Alice, but promised her to let it go until she was ready talking about it. Charles on the other hand maybe was in the place to ask his own father about the situation with his mom, but he didn't know him well enough to ask such a personal question like that.

The siblings shared a look, asking each other in their eyes if someone had to go after him but when Alice entered the room again they sensed that they should keep her occupied so FP could be alone. Right now that was for the best.

--

FP sat down on Alice's bed. Actually it was his bed but her sheets where on there already. A light shade of pink. Very north side Alice, which bothered him for some reason. Literally the last thing he wanted to do right now was putting away her stuff. It had always felt more as her home, even when he had lived here for over three months now. It was one of the first times he had actually seen this bedroom – the couch had become his home.

A part of him was glad she lived here now – even though it meant he had to sleep on the couch for a while longer. He knew Alice like no other and right now it was the best for her to be around her daughter.