Light In My Darkness

The mist in the air perfectly matched the gloomy mood that had been dreading over town ever since another set of videotapes had been spread around. However, the Cooper-Jones-Smith family had no idea about the terrorization of their friends like Archie Andrews, as they were too shaken up by the frightening tape they had received themselves.

It had started with footage of Betty and Jughead sleeping in their bed, something that almost seemed innocent when they saw the next shot of Jellybean peacefully asleep, with a knife being dragged over the delicate skin of her cheek.

Alice's motherly instincts immediately told her to get out of there, in a desperate need to keep her family safe. FP had agreed, instantly thinking of the Five Seasons, a place with security, something that should keep them safe from the auteur for at least this night.

They had barely said a word. Betty and Jughead were trying to connect the dots, but were either whispering, or spoke in a language that only they understood by understanding each other with one simple look. Jellybean herself seemed to be awfully silent, which didn't surprise Alice after seeing herself on a tape.

It was past midnight, and Alice turned around in the hotel bed to find FP's body to cuddle up to, but she found nothing but an empty spot. She shot up immediately, the adrenaline making it easy for her to fully wake-up. However, there was no need to panic. He was still in the room. She could see him standing on the balcony, his hands holding the railing.

Right before they had gone to bed, FP told her he needed a little bit more air before falling asleep and Alice had given him his space. When she looked at the clock on the wall, she could see that it was almost an hour ago. Had he been outside all that time?

She stepped out of bed and quickly put on some socks, before tiptoeing over to the balcony. When she finally stepped outside, her skin covered in goosebumps instantly due to the low temperature of the night. He didn't seem to have heard her.

"You're getting cold..." Alice said quietly, her voice thick with concern. It wasn't until she had spoken that he realized that she had come outside. He didn't look around, but kept staring at an invisible spot in the night sky.

"I'm fine." FP said shortly, too lost in thoughts to give her anything more. The cold didn't bother him at all, not even when he was only dressed in a t-shirt and his sweatpants.

He expected for her to turn around and go back to bed, but to his surprise he felt two arms snaking around his waist from behind him. Her touch was warm, something that was a stark contrast compared to the cold around him. Before laying her head down, she pressed a soft kiss on his back over the cotton of his shirt.

"Alice, you'll get cold too. Go to bed, it's alright." He turned his head a little and placed his hand over hers that were resting on his stomach, trying to give her an encouraging squeeze. She didn't have to stay outside just because he was, he didn't want her to get sick.

"If you can't sleep, I'm staying up with you." She said, her head still pressed against his back. 

There were moments where she didn't quite know how to comfort her, or how to read him even, but there was always something she could give him; her warm touch, one that told him that she was there. He squeezed her hand again, this time not to make her go back inside, but to thank her.

"I'm scared, Alice." He confessed, after a few minutes of silence where he let her hold him.

FP was used to dealing with his thoughts on his own, but ever since they had found their way back to each other he slowly came to learn that he could always talk to her, that now he had a listening ear. Sometimes it was easy to forget.