There's a First Time for Everything

With empty bottles in his hand, FP walked over to the garbage can to dump them. There was a blonde haired girl with curls leaning against the wall with a smug smile on her face. She looked effortlessly stunning in her flannel and her denim jeans full of holes, it was almost impossible to not stare at her. She was by far the most stunning girl in the whole town and he was the lucky one to spend time with her.

''Sorry, it's always a mess here.'' He excused himself shyly. It wasn't the first time Alice visited him in the trailer, it had actually been a regular thing by now, but he still felt the need to excuse the mess his father had left. With Forsythe Senior drinking beers like it was lemonade it wasn't a surprise that there were beer bottles lying around.

Alice didn't mind though, her trailer wasn't that any different with her mom never cleaning her own mess, so she had given up on doing it for her. In all honesty the Jones trailer looked better than theirs, so she would never blame FP for not taking out his dad's trash before. In a way she thought it was cute that he excused himself as he knew that she cared about those little things.

''I'm used to way worse, don't worry about it.'' She waved it away, telling him that it wasn't a big deal. There was something else she was worried about though.

''How are you holding up?'' She asked him, her look softening. The last time they were together he had just gotten another black eye from his dad, and because Alice was the only one who knew the cause of the bruise he asked her to cover it up with a little makeup so nobody at school would notice.

She had told him to talk to someone, maybe not to an adult but just to Fred since she was one hundred percent sure his parents would take him into their home in a heartbeat. But FP was way too proud and ashamed at the same time to admit his home situation. Alice would offer him her own trailer, but things weren't any better at her place so that felt useless.

''Honest? It sucks more and more everyday. But what else is new.'' He scoffed, putting his hands into his pockets and leaning against the kitchen counter. She was the only one he ever complained to, mostly because they understood the other in a way none of his other friends would.

He had always seen her around the trailer park when they were little kids, he even remembered being in the same kindergarten close to Sunnyside, but it wasn't until about few months ago when they started talking for real. Mostly it was because they just started their sophomore year of high school and got hit by real life. This wasn't recess anymore. These were the years that would decide their future, whatever that would be.

There was something about her that made him drawn to her. Sometimes they were just like fire and ice, bickering like little kids over nothing, but mostly they were two mates who could escape life if they were together.

When both their parents were home they would hang out at the old sewer pipe close to Sweetwater river and make-out for hours, but today was a rainy october day and he was in luck his father was with Hog Eye today.

''FP, why don't you talk to Fred? He is your best friend. He could help you.'' Alice said with a frown on her face, letting her arms fall along her sides, but he didn't want to hear a word of it.

''I'm fine, Alice. I'll always be. Besides, I've got you, right?'' He said, a little smirk appearing on his face, hinting on how they spend their time whenever they were together.

A smug smile crept onto Alice's face as she couldn't be serious anymore now he mentioned it. She knew those eyes like no other, and with that little naughty spark in it she could read what he was trying to say.

He freed his hands out of his pockets and walked over to her, placing his hands on her waist and pushing her against the wall. His eyes lingered on her lips, but he didn't kiss her yet.