"Are you asking me what I think you're asking me?"

"Yeah," Hayley replies. "I'm asking you to be Hope's godmother."

"You barely know me—"

"But I know that you'd do anything to protect my girl," Hayley interjects. "And I know... I know that Klaus wouldn't have anyone else. He trusts you so much, and he doesn't trust just anyone. I think that's a good sign. And I do barely know you, but I'm sure you're a person I'd like to get to know."

Rory lets out an appalled laugh, a wide smile spreading on her face. "Yes," she says. "Of course, I'll be Hope's god mother. Thank you so much for asking me!"

"You don't have to thank me," Hayley squeezes her hand. "Hey, if I could give you some advice? You know, girl to girl?" Hayley asks, making Rory raise an eyebrow. "I'm not exactly the best person to be telling you this, but... if you really love someone, you should be with them."

"Um," Rory says.

Hayley laughs, shaking her head. "I know, I'm like, the last person you should ever take advice from when it comes to your love life but... I've never seen Klaus behave with anyone the way he does about you. He's crazy about you, Rory. And I can see it when you look at him. You're equally as crazy about him,"

"I just... I just broke up with my boyfriend, Hayley. It's not fair to Dean," Rory sighs, tucking a hair behind her ear. "And I haven't seen Klaus in two years—"

"—But I don't think anything's changed," Hayley interjects. "I've seen the way you two were in Mystic Falls. The way people talk. You look at each other like... like you're the only two people in the room. And it's still that way now. I see it. Everyone sees it. I think the only people who hasn't seen it are the two of you."

Rory looks away from Hayley, starting to feel like the girl knew how she felt a little too much. Rory quickly clears her throat. "So, you're getting married today,"

"Fun way to change the subject," Hayley comments as Rory stands up to make her way towards the closet.

"Well, first thing to know about me is how great I am at avoiding my problems," Rory replies.

"Very impressive. 10/10," Hayley smiles.

"So, you're getting married today to a man named Jackson, but Klaus tells me you have a thing for Elijah," Rory raises an eyebrow as she turns to face Hayley over her shoulder.

"Trust Klaus to air out my dirty laundry," Hayley sighs.

"He airs out everyone's dirty laundry. Honestly, he's like an old lady when it comes to gossip. Even back in Virginia, he somehow knew everybody's business," Rory comments, leaning against the dresser.

"Just to give this entire wedding context, Jackson and I were supposed to get married anyway. My parents arranged it before they... died," Hayley looks down at her hands. "They arranged it to unite our packs."

"Arranged marriages to unite fractions? Very Game of Thrones,"

"Let's hope there isn't another episode of the Red Wedding tonight and everything goes well," Hayley says.

"It's a Mikaelson event in the Mikaelson home, Hayley," Rory scoffs. "If it's not a Red Wedding, I would be very surprised."

☆*.·*·.*☆。

*☆。