Though Karri is cleared of any charges, the school- fearing a fallout with parents- decides to have Karri transfer. She can keep her credits, fly down to another state and live with her mother, and finish her senior year that way.

While this is the best ending possible, Alys snaps. Her demon that she has struggled with all these years begins to eat her whole. She draws more and more, wishing to get revenge on those of her school- those who stood by and let this happened, those who faked their own self-harm, those who had sinned greatly and preyed on female students.... she wanted them all to pay.

Hayden Donavan, a suspected sociopath path, Mr. popular, someone Alys has always hated in general for his abuse of power and his manipulations- stumbles upon her lost notebook and drawings.

And instead of revealing her work to the world, perhaps threatening her himself as he is drawn in there countless times, he makes a deal with Alys. He would help her get her revenge on the students. Again, Alys is faced with the realization how much he hates those around him, how he didn't even care he would be attacking his own friends, how he had just enjoyed her work so much and he wanted them to all burn as well.

They make a pact. They approach the advanced Art Teacher, Mrs. Lexington, who had planned on painting a massive mural for the new stadium and auditorium being built in time for graduation. Alys doesn't know it yet, but Hayden already despised this building, despised the idea of a mural at the beginning of the year, despised the school.... All because he knew who approved the funds for this. And why.

Hayden grew up in foster Care. His mother was a junky who lost all rights to him. Hayden was abused from house to house, but as the years went by, he got better and better at manipulating people. But also hating those around them. Everyone was full of lies, everyone was only "helping" him for their own benefit.

Hayden's father, who had no idea of his existence, finally gets wind of Hayden but dies of cancer before ever formally adopting his son. Hayden knew none of this until a few years later when he and a fellow foster friend stumbled upon these records as they tried to look into Hayden's life. He finds out his uncle, a lawyer at a powerful law firm, had chosen not to file the paperwork after Hayden's father's death. Mark Donavan chose to let Hayden stay in the system and be an orphan. But Hayden does nothing with this information though. It only validates his hatred for those around him.

A year later, at an abusive foster house, Hayden and a kid named Tucker begin being physically assaulted again by their foster parent. While this is happening, Tucker begins having a seizure. Hayden prevents a shot, thinking Tucker was only have a panic attack, which he is known to have, and that Hayden was preventing one of the straight-jacket drugs they used to sedate the kids. But it wasn't a panic attack. Tucker dies, and Hayden is charged with his death.

Hayden confronts his uncle, revealing he knew all along he was the son and nephew to this family, and forced his uncle to "represent" him against the State. Hayden doesn't deny his guilt, he is horrified at what he has done, but wants the state and the foster families to be held accountable for all they had done as well. He is able to blackmail his uncle, for Mark made a fatal error. Hayden's father officially adopted Hayden, made him the inheritor, yet Mark had signed and forged his own name, the wrong signature all these years. If Hayden brought that to the court, Mark would lose everything.

Mark Donavan has friend in high places, friends like the Governor. And instead of creating a huge court case out of all of this, together they instead sweep Tucker's death under the rug. This isn't what Hayden wanted. He wanted the world to know about the abuse. Though he too was free now, he despised the Governor. For this was the same man who also denied multiple Child Care laws that would have prevented this abuse from even happening in the first place. In Hayden's eyes, the Governor was just as guilty as the rest.