END.

H E A R T B E A T S
written by SyntheticAngel

▌│█║▌║▌║ END ║▌║▌║█│▌

"What will happen now, Master?"

"As long as their hearts beat, they will always be connected." I smiled with satisfaction.

"How about their tangled red strings?" Man, Bunbun has been asking a lot of questions lately.

"It'll be more interesting that way~" Those pathetic humans should be thankful, I turned their boring lives into an interesting one because humans lives are too short so they have to live it to the fullest.

I felt a great surge of aura from afar. I can also feel... bloodlust. I stood up and carried my pet rabbit with me. However is after me, he definitely wants me gone.

"Master, what's happening? Why are we running?"

Hindi ko na sinagot ang tanong ni Bunbun dahil ang importante ngayon ay ang pagtakas namin. Damn, who could be this annoying creature? Why is it following me?

My eyes widened because in just a blink of an eye he was already in front of me. He kicked me right into my stomach without hesitations.

Bunbun was able to land safely meanwhile I crashed for my body is shock by that sudden kick. I still managed to stand up but the pain is still there.

"The Divinity wants to see you."

I blinked. "Then why were you chasing me like you want to end my life? And why the fuck did you kick me?"

A light that later turned into a dagger burst out from his hand. The dagger that he threw narrowly missed my eyes. A trail of blood ran from the tip of my nose.

"Watch your mouth for you're just a mere mortal that turned into a Deity."

I know, you don't have to remind me.

To avoid any inconvenience I just quietly followed Donovan; he is like the right hand of our great Divinity. We arrived at the throne room and I noticed that Lufu is glaring at me.

Ano bang problema ng mga 'to? Bakit ang sasama ng mga tingin nila sa akin?

Oh, right.

Lufu is the Deity of love and I kinda sort of messed up a bit with his job. Maybe that's why the Divinity wants to see me, they already found out what I did.

I bowed as a sign of respect but before I could lift my head something hard was thrown at me.

"AH!" I groaned in agony.

That fucking hurts!

I finally lifted my head, meeting the great Divinity's gaze. I can't help but flinch when I saw how she glared at me with rage.

Sinenyasan niya ang ibang mga Deity na lumabas at iwan muna kami. Napalunok ako sa takot. Katapusan ko na ba?

"Troublemaker little punk, palagi mo na lang pinapasakit ang ulo ko!" Reklamo niya at muli akong binato.

Sa pagkakataong ito nakaiwas na ako. "Ah! Pasensya na hindi ko sinasadya! Pangako hindi na mauulit!"

"Aba dapat lang!"

"So does that means I'm free to go?" I smiled cheekily.

Muli niya akong sinamaan ng tingin kaya natahimik ako. She looks innocent and harmless but she's the total opposite.

"Because of you Lufu have to do a lot of paperworks," her lips later formed a grin, "since you messed up his work you'll have to do a part time job."

"You mean I'm gonna do half of his job?"

"Exactly!" She snapped her fingers. "You are going to find mortals that doesn't have red strings and list down their names. You will also have to cut some threads so you'll need this."

She threw a fancy-looking scissor.

I caught it.

"You will start tomorrow, dismiss."

Palabas na ako nang muli siyang magsalita.

"I almost forgot," she said in a serious tone, "you must find the blue rose and destroy it before it destroy us all."