||98||

"It's been a while since we last met!" Temari exclaimed before throwing herself at us. Thank goodness we're sat down.

"L-lady Temari, please calm y-yourself," Ryuzo frantically waved his hands around.

"Quiet," Temari shot him a quick glare before standing up again and clearing her throat, "whoops. Guess that was really childish, huh?"

We looked at her surprised before laughing at her.

"Don't worry about it, kid," Choro patted her head.

"Who're you calling a kid, huh?" she puffed her cheeks out, "I'm 18 you know!"

"Still many years younger than us," Inoiché stuck his tongue out, I elbowed him in the side.

"You're making us sound old," I growled.

"At least we're not as old as Matto," Choro laughed.

"Excuse you!" Matto shouted before sighing and looking to Ryuzo, "I'm hungry. Make us some food."

"Make your own food," Ryuzo shot back.

"But I want your cooking, little brother," Matto pouted.

"While they're cooking... Will you spar you me?" Temari blurted out at us, "please?"

"Sure," I nodded, "I'm bored anyway."

"We'll that's just rude," Matto grumbled.

"Anyone would be bored in your presence," Ichiro said blankly, "I want to watch this fight."

We all got up.

"Come on, little Tema, let's go have some fun," Inoiché smiled, I smacked his head.

"Dude, shut up," Choro also smacked him before we all left the house and followed Temari through the village and to a large open area.

"So, how're we doing this?" I asked, "one on one, winner fights the next person or three on one last one standing wins?"

"One on one," Temari replied, "I'm almost certain that I'm stronger than you now!"

Ooh-- she's getting cocky now.

"Then I'll go first," Inoiché smiled, "that is if you don't mind?"

"Na," I shook my head.

"Go ahead," Choro nodded before pulling out a portable shogi set, "want a game, Shikarei?"

"Sure thing," I nodded, "not like this fight will go on for very long. I mean-- it is Inoiché we're talking about here."

"Hey! Have some faith!" Inoiché shouted as me and Choro sat down and set up the game before we looked at him and gave him a weakly forced smile of confidence.

"Good luck," we both said meekly.

"I hate you both," he grumbled as we both snickered before turning to the game.

"Oh hey. I won," I smiled, Choro took a double take at the board in confusion.

"I moved two pieces!" he shouted, "what the hell, Shikarei?!"

"Whoops," I laughed before noticing a shadow fly over us, I looked up to see Inoiché flying away, "send us a postcard!"

"Yeah. Bring back some food!" Choro waved before standing up and dusting himself down, "guess I'm next."

"Have fun," I waved and gestured for Ichiro to come and sit with me. He complied and I reset the game.

"Do you know how to play?" I asked.

"I do," he nodded, "and I've never lost."

"Neither," I nodded, "place your first move!"

"Expansion jutsu!"

A breeze caught us, sending a piece flying but Ichiro caught it and used it to place his first move.

Hm.. He's going all offensive, I see. Then I'll do... this!

It was about five minutes later that we were still playing, and Choro returned.

"Your turn now, Shikarei," Choro told me, I put my hand up to quiet him.

"What's happening?" Temari whispered to Choro as I sat deep in thought before moving my shogi piece.

"Seems like Shikarei has finally met her match," Choro whispered back.

What the hell?! How's this guy so good?!

I scanned the shogi board with a frown as Inoiché finally came back, he had some kind of pastry in his hand and passed it to Choro.

"How long has this been going on?" Inoiché asked.

"About seven minutes now," Choro replied as I finally found an opening and moved my piece forward.

"I see. You switched from defence to offense in a half moon," Ichiro commented.

What? That doesn't even make sense!

He moved his own piece and took out almost a quarter of mine with just one move.

What the hell is this?! This guy may actually be better than Tomoe or Coco-Hâta...

I took a few moments to reflect on the board a bit, I considered a bunch of different moves. There must be some kind of weakness in this defence...

There! It's a direct passage to his king!

"Sorry, Ichiro," I apologised, "but this looks like it'll be your first loss."

"What do you-- no-!" he noticed as I moved my piece, destroying his weak ass defence and knocking out his king, "I can't believe it... I lost?"

"Yep," I nodded, "phew-- you're more formidable than Tomoe or Coco-Hâta, now that's quite impressive. Good game."

Now... Temari.

I stood up and looked towards the blonde girl who was looking at me expectantly.

"Shall we do this?" I asked as I dusted myself down, "seems you beat Choro and Inoiché while they weren't really paying much attention or fighting up to their full strength, that's still impressive in its own right."

"Wait-- you weren't fighting at your full strength?" Temari asked looking at the two with wide eyes, "that was challenging only with a small amount."

"We used about 35% of our total chakra strength," Inoiché replied.

"Actually, it's really rare that we use 100% or even 90%," Choro replied, "that would mean using my families secret jutsu or Inoiché's mind crush or even Shikarei's secret move that she's been working on."

"How'd you know about that?" I asked Choro... Not even the readers know about that yet?

He just shrugged and nodded to Temari.

"Maybe you'll be strong enough one day to go up against 50 or even 60% but right now... With the amount of chakra you're packing, we'd just hurt you a lot," Inoiché told Temari.

"Anyway, Temari, come on. Let's have some fun," I smiled pulling out a kunai and spinning it around on my finger, "still want to fight?"

"Yes!" she nodded with determination before Kankuro came sprinting over.

"Temari, we're having a council meeting," Kankuro shouted before noticing us, "ah, Ino Shika Cho. You're here too, perfect I don't have to find you now... The Kazekage has requested you join the meeting as well."

"O-ok?" I nodded.

So much for our fight... What a shame...

But Kankuro looks serious, I wonder why he's acting like this? And why do we have to go as well? Strange...