||21||

"This the place?" I asked, myself and Itachi were peaking over a bush at a really tall building. He looked at the photo and nodded.

"Without a doubt," he nodded before we dropped down and faced each other, "Alright, we need a plan. Those ninja cats aren't friendly."

"You're right," I nodded before pulling out two cat ear headbands, "that's why I took a stop that mad old granny cats place."

Yep.

We're at some big shot ninja cats fortress.

Allow me to explain, yesterday, I did my jounin exam and passed... Yippee... Just as we were going to celebrate, Itachi appeared and told me we have a mission. On our way to this giant ass fortress, he explained everything to me.

"Basically, there's a ninja cat who leads this giant group of rogue ninja cats who abandoned their summoner or human partner. This is because of the leader, we need to wipe him out and break the trance that all the ninja cats are suffering from," Itachi told me. I frowned.

"Trance?" I repeated, he nodded.

"The leader has been brainwashing the ninja cats and forcing them to go against what they should be doing," Itachi explained.

"Oh great, we're going to kill a cat that's starting a rebellion," I sighed sarcastically, "I hate cats..."

"You want me to wear this?" Itachi asked, staring at the headband I just gave him.

"Yes, Itachi, just do it. Only us two will see this so don't worry about your reputation or whatever," I told him quickly, putting my headband on reluctantly. He sighed and copied what I did.

"How's it possible that you got cuter?" both of us asked at the same time.

"I-" I stuttered, quickly turning away, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

"S-sorry," Itachi also stuttered, most likely looking away as well.

"It's cool... Let's just... Uh... Plan I guess," I suggested, looking forward again, shaking off my embarrassment before pulling out the blueprints we'd been given, "we could attempt going through the front gates, but we'd have to act like a cat would and not drop these headbands at the same time, meow."

"Did you just meow?" Itachi looked at me confused, I nodded.

"The headbands make it so they think we look like fellow ninja cats, and we can understand them and they can understand us, meow," I explained, "we get some... Strange speaking quirks, meow."

Itachi bit on his lip, obviously trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Anyway, as I was saying, meow. We can go through the front gate, or we could go through the sewer system, meow," I suggested. Itachi's nose scrunched up at the idea of the sewage system.

"Guess we're going through the front, meow," I nodded.

"Yes but, you said we have to keep the headbands on?" he asked. I nodded.

"We'll look like humans again and won't know what they're saying if we take them off, meow," I replied.

"Alright. Why does it seem like you've done this before, meow?" Itachi asked, clasping his hands over his mouth when he meowed. I choked on my laugh and shook my head.

"This is the first time I've ever done something like this, however, Ino Shika Ren Cho had to infiltrate this one ninja cat fortress with Tsume sensei when we were all genin and I just sat outside because we were low on headbands but when they came out again, they were never the same. Especially Tsume sensei, considering she works with ninja hounds," I told him, chuckling at the memory before standing up, "Alright, ready to go, meow?"

Itachi nodded and followed my lead as we approached the front gates.

"Hello, meow, who're you and what's your purpose of being here, meow?" one of the guards asked, sticking his cat spear at us.

"Speak, meow!" the other guard demanded, mirroring what the other was doing.

"We're ninja cats, meow. We're looking for a new home to escape the hard labour of our partners, meow," I replied. What a drag, this is so annoying.

"New ninja cats, meow?" the first asked before sniffing both me and Itachi. He then grinned and nodded at the other.

"Well then, meow. We should give you, like any normal new ninja cat, the gift, meow," the second cat said as they both grabbed the ends of their spears and pulled the spike off revealing one of those cats toys. I sighed.

"Come on, meow! Don't reject our gift, meow!" they both purred in unison. I sighed again, getting on my hands and knees and 'meowing' as I 'played' with the cat toy. Itachi joined in after a while.

This is so humiliating.

"Alright, meow, you can go in!" they both said loudly as myself and Itachi stood up again. We walked in to see a bunch of ninja cats just walking around stalls and buildings like it was a normal village.

"I'm never coming to a cat fortress ever again, meow," Itachi growled in my ear before some of the cats noticed us.

"You must be new here, meow! A good couple needs a good house, meow! Come and stop by my real estate and we'll talk, meow!" a perky black and white cat approached us.

"A couple?" I repeated, sharing a look with Itachi before looking away.

A couple, with him? How stupid.

"Come on," Itachi hissed, grabbing my hand, and dragging me through the square, not letting me go just in case we got separated.

"What an adorable couple you are, meow, here a rose for your molly (female cat), meow," a tabby cat approached us and gave Itachi a rose before running away.

"They're all insane, meow," Itachi muttered before hesitantly giving me the rose, "you might as well have it, meow."

"Thanks, I guess?" I thanked him before putting the rose in one of the pockets of my chunin vest and kept walking to the main tower.

"He should be on the top floor, meow," I whispered to Itachi who nodded and pointed at two sets of stairs.

"Time to split up, meow," he whispered back, "see you at the top, meow."

I nodded and walked up one set of stairs while Itachi walked to the opposite ones.