||Prologue||

"Choza! Inoichi!" a black spikey haired 19 year old man burst into Inoichi's home as he and Choza were setting up dinner for the three families that were coming.

"Something happen, Shikaku?" Choza asked, suddenly on guard. He held the plate in his hand like he was ready to throw it like a shuriken at the threat.

"Yoshino is pregnant!" Shikaku blurted out, he was so excited, maybe the most energy he's put into announcing something. Choza dropped the plate in surprise, the shards scattering all over the laminated wooden floor as Inoichi just allowed his jaw to drop in surprise.

"What's with all the racket in here?" Inoichi's wife entered the room to see the plate scattered around Choza's feet, "please clean that up.."

"One minute," Choza quickly shushed her as his own wife entered the room, "please repeat what you just said, I don't think my ears were working properly."

"Yeah, same. I could've swore you just said Yoshino is pregnant," Inoichi nodded along with his friend beside him. The two women gasped and leaned forward, expecting a laugh or joke to explode from Shikaku's mouth like it used before the second war.

Shikaku let out a breath he was unconsciously holding and then took a deep breath again before calmly repeating the words again, making sure to keep himself calm and not allow his excitement flow too much.

"No way!" Inoichi just stared at Shikaku in delight and shock before Choza pulled Shikaku into a bone crushing hug.

"That's awesome! So that's why she's been feeling so sick over these past months," Choza bellowed as he laughed happily, "I get to be an uncle right?"

"Whoa there-- no way are you becoming an uncle and not me! Nah-ah doesn't work that way, Cho," Inoichi shook his head in disapproval, quickly grabbing Shikaku and looking at him seriously, "right?"

"Oh, Ino, mini Nara only needs one uncle, I'm the most qualified. Obviously," Choza replied grabbing Shikaku as well.

"Or you can both be uncles and not tear my husband to shreds before we welcome little Shikarei or Shikamaru into the world?" a woman's voice filled the room as a lady walks in, Shikaku's expression softens at the sight of his wife.

"Yoshino! Get your butt over here, girl! We have so much to talk about!" Choza's wife shouted as Inoichi's just nodded, Yoshino smiled and walked away with them as the three men retired to the sofa.

"Shikarei or Shikamaru?" Inoichi asked.

"Yeah, we've already decided on names. It was such a drag, she just kept shouting at me every time I pulled a name out of my sleeve," Shikaku sighed, "but finally we came to an agreement on Shikamaru if they're a boy, and Shikarei if they're a girl."

"Organised already, I see," Choza mused, Shikaku just shook his head with a slight groan before grinning.

"I'm really going to be a father," he mumbled, his grin almost reaching his ears, he was excited and he was struggling to contain all of his emotions. He just wanted to be able to start making those father-daughter or father-son memories soon. He wasn't the only one, Yoshino was excited as well as all the Yamanaka's and Akimichi's. Choza and Inoichi wanted to meet their niece or nephew soon and their wives just wanted to be able to fuss over a child together (also secretly wanting to have a son or daughter of their own and soon).

"Maybe we could all have a second generation of Ino Shika Cho," Choza thought out loud.

"No way, that sounds like too much effort," Shikaku grumbled before Inoichi poked him in the side amused.

"You're the one who's having the baby, not us, don't complain," he reminded him, the words sunk in and suddenly Shikaku's excitement bubbled back up.

°🥢°

"You're what?" Shikaku asked as Inoichi and Choza both shared a shocked expression with each other at the news they both blurted out in unison.

"we're both having children too..." Inoichi confirmed, Choza nodded along.

"A second generation of Ino Shika Cho, hm?" Shikaku thought out loud, his friends grinned.

"The second best of all time, of course we're the first!" Choza slung his arm around Shikaku who just smiled lazily up at him.

°🥢°

"Hey, Yoshino, say hello to Shikarei," Shikaku whispered to his wife as he entered the room with the screaming baby in his arms, Yoshino smiled and sat up with the help of the nurses. Shikaku passed his daughter to his wife and smiled at them.

"I have the best two girls out there," he mumbled to himself as the Akimichi's entered the room, the women fussing over Shikarei until she started crying. Yoshino panicked so Shikaku took her back, instantly the crying stopped and the giggling began as little Shikarei started reaching to grab Shikaku's face.

"She's a daddies little princess, isn't she?" Inoichi asked, leaning forward and instantly having his hair tugged out, "ouch-- she's got a mean grip too! Hello Shikarei, I'm uncle Inoichi, definitely the best uncle out there."

"Hey hey hey! Don't score points with her before I get to introduce myself!" Choza quickly protested, knocking Inoichi out the way and smiling down at Rei, "hey Shikarei, I'm Uncle Choza. I'm the better uncle not that clown over there."

"Clown huh?" Inoichi repeated annoyed, Shikaku just groaned and moved out of the bickering two's way and sat on the stool next to Yoshino.

°🥢°

The Nara's, Yamanaka's and Akimichi's all sat together in the Nara compound, a child in each of the men's arms as the women were out doing whatever women do when they go out for a 'girls night out'.

"So we have Shikarei, the oldest, Choro the second and then Inoiché the youngest," Inoichi looked around the three men and smiled, "Ino Shika Cho at it's newest form."

"Hell yeah!" Choza exclaimed, Choro now sat on his head, cheering his little baby head off happily at his fathers enthusiasm.

"Maybe the strongest to come," Shikaku nodded along with a lazy smile as Shikarei just slept in his lap. She was definitely a Nara.

"I have an idea!" Choza exclaimed, Shikaku and Inoichi looked at him curiously, "we should let the kids become friends on their own. Of course the parents can see each other but we should wait until they're 5 and we enrol them into the academy before they meet for good. Then the friendship will be pure and not forced because their parents are friends."

Shikaku and Inoichi sit in silence, obviously thinking about it before Inoichi nodded.

"It sounds fair as well," he agreed.

"I guess it's settled, we won't force them to meet," Shikaku nodded before the ladies appeared again. Yoshino scooped Shikarei out of Shikaku's lap, smiling at the girl still sleeping even through the commotion before the idea was explained to the three mothers.

They shared unsure expressions before hesitantly agreeing.

Everyone just wants their children to be able to make friends without it being forced, this would be the trigger to say whether the second generation of Ino Shika Cho would come around anyway.